Horse Racing & Greyhound Bet Types
Single-Race Exotic Bets
Multi-Race Exotic Bets
Tips & Tricks
- Making a Win-Place-Show bet pays out if your horse runs first, second and/or third.
- Box exotic wagers so you increase your chances of winning.
- You can “use more horses” than the title of a wager suggests.
- You can also use multiple horses in each leg of a multi-race exotic.
- Save money putting a ticket together and Key a horse in a particular position.
Click the image below for a visual guide to the basic types of horse racing bets:
Once you’ve got down the basics of horse racing betting, check out our Handicapping 101 series to discover more ways to find angles and improve your odds.
- Exploring the Advantages of First-Time Lasix (10/7/2018) - If you’ve followed horse racing for any amount of time, you’ve probably heard phrases like “first-time Lasix” or “racing without Lasix.” But what does it ...Read More
- Deciphering Track Biases, Part 2 (8/13/2018) - Wouldn’t it be nice if we could predict when track biases will appear and wager accordingly, yielding impressive profits while simultaneous gaining some bragging rights? ...Read More
- Deciphering Track Biases, Part 1 (8/6/2018) - Track biases… is there a more mysterious aspect of handicapping horse races? Maybe, but I'm not sure what it would be. In essence, track biases ...Read More
- How to Bet the Double (7/20/2018) - If you’re just getting started betting on horse races, you might be confused by the multitudes of wagering options available, with many types boasting unusual ...Read More
- Synthetic to Dirt: A Valuable, Overlooked Angle (7/17/2018) - Although the glory days of synthetic racetracks seem to be over in North America—tracks like Santa Anita, Del Mar, and Keeneland have all gone back ...Read More