Horse Racing & Greyhound Bet Types
Single-Race Exotic Bets
Multi-Race Exotic Bets
Tips & Tricks
- Making a Win-Place-Show bet pays out if your horse runs first, second and/or third.
- Box exotic wagers so you increase your chances of winning.
- You can “use more horses” than the title of a wager suggests.
- You can also use multiple horses in each leg of a multi-race exotic.
- Save money putting a ticket together and Key a horse in a particular position.
Click the image below for a visual guide to the basic types of horse racing bets:
Once you’ve got down the basics of horse racing betting, check out our Handicapping 101 series to discover more ways to find angles and improve your odds.
- Tips and Trends for Handicapping Marathons (12/12/2018) - Marathon horse races held over 1 ¾ miles or farther aren’t all that common in North America, and when they are on the agenda, some ...Read More
- Betting Regional Class Advantages, Part 2 (12/5/2018) - In a recent article here on BetAmerica, we discussed how regional class advantages can exist throughout the sport of horse racing and produce to profitable ...Read More
- Betting Regional Class Advantages, Part 1 (11/25/2018) - While the old saying “a good horse can come from anywhere” is certainly true, it’s also true that good horses are more likely to come ...Read More
- How Studying Stallions Can Yield Profitable Pedigree Plays (11/18/2018) - It’s a known fact that the progeny of some stallions prefer racing on dirt rather than turf (or vice versa), but did you know that ...Read More
- Betting Races on Soft Turf, Part 1: Why Europeans Can Have an Edge (11/11/2018) - Relatively speaking, racehorses in North America don’t get many opportunities to run on truly soft, rain-inundated turf courses. When heavy rains strike, turf races are ...Read More