Choose only one horse to win the race, and if your selection wins the race – you win! Click here for more details on a Win bet
On a Place Bet you choose one horse and your horse needs to finish first OR second to claim some winnings! Click here for more details on a Place bet
On a Show Bet you choose one horse and your horse needs to finish first OR second OR third to claim some winnings! Click here for more details on a Show bet
Single-Race Exotic Bets
On an Exacta Bet you need to choose the horses that will finish first AND second in the correct order to claim your winnings! Click here for more details on an Exacta bet
pick the first 2 finishers (they can come in either order) to win! Click here for more details on a Quinella bet
pick the first 3 finishers to claim your winnings! Click here for more details on a Trifecta bet
pick the first 4 finishers to be a winner! Click here for more details on a Superfecta bet
pick the first 5 finishers and you’re a winner! Click here for more details on a Super Hi-5 bet
Multi-Race Exotic Bets
pick the winners of 2 consecutive races and you can collect your winnings! Click here for more details on a Daily Double bet
pick the winners of 3 consecutive races and you win! Click here for more details on a Pick 3 bet
pick the winners of 4 consecutive races and your winnings are waiting for you at the window! Click here for more details on a Pick 4 bet
pick the winners of 5 consecutive races and claim your winnings! Click here for more details on a Pick 5 bet
pick the winners of 6 consecutive races to be a winner! Click here for more details on a Pick 6 bet
Tips & Tricks
- Making a Win-Place-Show bet pays out if your horse runs first, second and/or third.
- Box exotic wagers so you increase your chances of winning.
- You can “use more horses” than the title of a wager suggests.
- You can also use multiple horses in each leg of a multi-race exotic.
- Save money putting a ticket together and Key a horse in a particular position.
Click the image below for a visual guide to the basic types of horse racing bets:
Once you’ve got down the basics of horse racing betting, check out our Handicapping 101 series to discover more ways to find angles and improve your odds.
- Handicapping 101: How smart ticket building can increase profits (11/15/2019) - It happens all the time—a handicapper determines Horse #3 is a near-certain winner. They determine Horses #5 and #7 are the most likely to finish… ...Read More
- How to bet the quinella (11/7/2019) - All of the different wager types in horse racing, one of the most underappreciated is surely the quinella. The quinella requires bettors to select the… ...Read More
- Step-by-step: Building an exacta ticket (7/30/2019) - As one of the oldest exotic wagers in horse racing, the exacta is practically as recognizable as the traditional win/place/show wagers the sport has long… ...Read More
- Step-by-Step: Building a Pick 3 ticket (7/29/2019) - Constructing a Pick 3 ticket should be an easy task. The wager is straightforward and simple—pick the winners of three straight races and reap a… ...Read More
- Exacta box of the week: Belmont Park race 7 for Saturday, June 8 (6/6/2019) - Exacta Box of the day for Belmont Park Race seven on Belmont Stakes Saturday at Belmont Park is the one-mile, Grade 1 $700,000 Acorn Stakes… ...Read More