Horse Racing & Greyhound Bet Types
Single-Race Exotic Bets
Multi-Race Exotic Bets
Tips & Tricks
- Making a Win-Place-Show bet pays out if your horse runs first, second and/or third.
- Box exotic wagers so you increase your chances of winning.
- You can “use more horses” than the title of a wager suggests.
- You can also use multiple horses in each leg of a multi-race exotic.
- Save money putting a ticket together and Key a horse in a particular position.
Click the image below for a visual guide to the basic types of horse racing bets:
Once you’ve got down the basics of horse racing betting, check out our Handicapping 101 series to discover more ways to find angles and improve your odds.
- Using Trainer Angles in Handicapping, Part 3: Blinkers (6/13/2018) - Question: What do American Pharoah, Justify, Arrogate, Bayern, Dortmund, West Coast, Mastery, and Dream Tree all have in common? Answer: They all won Grade 1 ...Read More
- Betting First-Time Starters in Maiden Claiming Races (5/21/2018) - Once in a while, handicappers will come across a maiden race filled with horses that seemingly lack the desire or inclination to win. This can ...Read More
- History Can Be Your Guide in Graded Stakes Races (5/7/2018) - In theory, it seems sensible that handicappers should approach every race the same way and utilize their preferred methods of analysis to determine the most ...Read More
- Using Trainer Angles in Handicapping, Part 2 (4/24/2018) - The history of horse racing is filled with rags-to-riches stories of horses rising from humble beginnings to enjoy success at the highest levels of the ...Read More
- How Grass Pedigrees Can Provide Value in Turf Races (4/18/2018) - It’s easy to assume that once a horse has started its racing career and run in a few races, its pedigree is no longer an ...Read More