Horse Racing & Greyhound Bet Types
Single-Race Exotic Bets
Multi-Race Exotic Bets
Tips & Tricks
- Making a Win-Place-Show bet pays out if your horse runs first, second and/or third.
- Box exotic wagers so you increase your chances of winning.
- You can “use more horses” than the title of a wager suggests.
- You can also use multiple horses in each leg of a multi-race exotic.
- Save money putting a ticket together and Key a horse in a particular position.
Click the image below for a visual guide to the basic types of horse racing bets:
Once you’ve got down the basics of horse racing betting, check out our Handicapping 101 series to discover more ways to find angles and improve your odds.
- Pedigree Handicapping: From Dirt to Turf to the Winner’s Circle (2/18/2018) - When a horse tries a different racing surface for the first time, it can be difficult for handicappers to know what to expect. For example, if the ...Read More
- Two Turns to One Turn, Your Turn to Cash a Bet (2/5/2018) - It’s a subtle but significant fact that some Thoroughbred prefer to race around one turn and others prefer to race around two, even if all ...Read More
- How One Simple Trend Led to a Winning Pick 6 (1/29/2018) - With all of the recent excitement over the huge “Rainbow Pick 6” carryover at Gulfstream Park, I got to thinking about a different Rainbow Pick ...Read More
- How Fast Finishes Can Identify Future Stars (1/22/2018) - How can you tell when a young, lightly-raced horse has the talent to step up in class and become a winner at the highest levels ...Read More
- Using Speed Figures to Identify Standout Contenders (1/17/2018) - A couple weeks ago, I described how using the “all” button in exactas can lead to impressive payoffs if you have a strong opinion of ...Read More