Horse Racing & Greyhound Bet Types
Single-Race Exotic Bets
Multi-Race Exotic Bets
Tips & Tricks
- Making a Win-Place-Show bet pays out if your horse runs first, second and/or third.
- Box exotic wagers so you increase your chances of winning.
- You can “use more horses” than the title of a wager suggests.
- You can also use multiple horses in each leg of a multi-race exotic.
- Save money putting a ticket together and Key a horse in a particular position.
Click the image below for a visual guide to the basic types of horse racing bets:
Once you’ve got down the basics of horse racing betting, check out our Handicapping 101 series to discover more ways to find angles and improve your odds.
- How Grass Pedigrees Can Provide Value in Turf Races (4/18/2018) - It’s easy to assume that once a horse has started its racing career and run in a few races, its pedigree is no longer an ...Read More
- How Knowing a Horse’s Family History Can Lead to Winning Bets (4/10/2018) - When handicapping horse races, it can be a subtle but significant advantage to know the history of a given horse’s close relatives and the circumstances ...Read More
- Using Trainer Angles in Handicapping, Part 1 (3/27/2018) - Handicapping horse races involves many factors, and among the most popular (and lucrative) is analyzing the records of trainers to identify the areas where they ...Read More
- How to Play the Trifecta Like an Exacta (3/20/2018) - When playing trifectas, one of my favorite strategies is to look for races in which two horses appear clearly better than the rest of the ...Read More
- Taking a Contrary Approach in Multi-Race Wagers (3/14/2018) - In the sport of horse racing, there are two main types of “exotic” wagers separate from the tried-and-true win, place, and show bets that have ...Read More