New Handicapping Pages View: Speed & Class Ratings
BetAmerica is always finding new ways to make the handicapping experience easier for our players.
How do I access the different handicapping views?
By clicking on the dropdown menu, you can choose from one of seven ways to help you make smarter betting choices.
What is the Speed & Class Ratings view?
If you like to bet in with a lot of data and a great deal of detailed information ~ this is the view for you.
How do I use Horse Info handicapping view to win?
- Power Rating is a single number that reflects a horse’s abilities in speed, class and pace, and factors in track-based data like what has been winning in recent weeks.
- Average Speed is a way to gauge how fast a horse has been in previous races. A higher speed figure typically means better quality fields and higher levels of performance: for example, a horse with a 110 speed figure is likely running against stakes competition vs. the lesser competitive 80 a horse in a claiming event may earn.
- Average Speed at the Distance is a useful tool for horses who might be getting back to their best distance.
- High Speed gives a good indication of which race horses are more likely to perform well based on past race history.
- Average Class is calculated using speed ratings of the individual runners to project the finishing time based on the last six months of the specific race’s entrants.
- Last Class is the class level of the horse’s last start and can be a useful reference tool comparing the caliber of horses they faced in prior efforts.