College Football Betting Online
The Basics of Betting on College Football
College Football (NCAAF) betting includes the moneyline, spread and total. Exotic bets such as parlays and round robins are also available. The spread in football is known as the “betting line.” Futures wagering and prop bets are also extremely popular among football enthusiasts. With many school teams shaping multiple conferences who compete among one another for several months, there are plenty of opportunities for action.
- Free College Football Expert Picks
- Weekly NCAAF Betting Guide
- NCAAF Moneyline Betting
- NCAAF Spread Betting
- NCAAF Over/Under Betting
- NCAAF Futures & Prop Bets
- NCAAF News & Analysis
- Bet College Football on BetAmerica Sportsbook
Free College Football Expert Picks
Get the free news and analysis from BetAmerica’s NCAAF Experts to make smarter bets on football this season. Click here to find more of the latest free picks from our College Football experts
- Top 5 NCAAF mammoth spread busters for Week 8 (10/17/2019) - Last week we had two picks win their matchup straight up! Both Bowling Green and South Carolina pulled off major upsets and hit some huge… ...Read More
- NCAAF Friday night picks: Ohio State vs. Northwestern & 3 more (10/17/2019) - Ohio State has been one of the best teams in the country and has absolutely laid waste to every team it has faced. The Buckeyes… ...Read More
NCAAF Weekly Betting Guides
Keep up with the latest trends and storylines from around college football with our weekly NCAAF Betting Guides. Each installment features in-depth game previews, expert wagering advice, statistical analysis and buzz-worthy quotes from the game’s biggest personalities. It’s all the news you need before kick-off.
College Football Moneyline Betting
Betting on an NCAAF moneyline is pretty straightforward as you’re simply picking the winning team. In most cases, there will be a favorite and an underdog listed for each game. Placing a bet on the favorite will offer a lower payout while placing a bet on an underdog will offer a premium payout. The NCAAF moneyline is typically listed based on the bet required to win $100 if betting on the favorite vs. the potential win for a bet of $100 placed on the underdog.
In addition to current records and which team is at home, the starting quarter back typically has a big impact on NCAAF moneylines. If the team leader of the team is on the field for the underdog, that might even up the odds a bit between two teams that might seem otherwise a bit mismatched.
Betting College Football Against the Spread
In addition to moneylines, NCAAF matches will also feature a spread or “betting line” between two teams. Rather than simply picking a winner, this form of betting features a 1.5 spread on the final score of any game.
Betting the NCAAF spread can be a great option in certain scenarios. For example, if you expect a favored team to win by several touchdowns or field goals, betting the spread will get you better odds than going with the traditional moneyline.
College Football Over/Under Bets
Let’s say two teams seem evenly-matched, but the starting quarter back is not very good, and you expect a high number of touchdowns to be scored. In this instance, you may want to consider betting on the “over/under” total for a NCAAF game, rather than picking a winner.
An NCAAF over/under bet involves simply choosing whether you think there will be more total points scored by both teams, or less total scores, than what is listed on the published line.
College Football Futures and NCAAF Prop Betting
The futures market for the NCAAF will feature heavily on the College Football Championship Game, conference titles, conference championships and other milestones like Heisman and Coach of the Year. These are long term investments. The Championship favorite usually begins around +500 and ends around +300 by the time the playoffs begin. A longshot would be any team that has +2000 odds to win the Championship or higher.
Prop betting is one of the best parts about football betting. You can generate action on player props and team props. You can bet on almost anything these days from total rushing yards by a particular player, to total number of first down in an over/under fashion. This has added a certain level of extra joy to betting on American football.
By far the most popular futures market is the Regular Season Win Totals presented in preseason. These measure how many wins a team will have at the end of their season and give odds for OVER and UNDER that total.
Recent College Football News
- Top 5 NCAAF mammoth spread busters for Week 8 (10/17/2019) - Last week we had two picks win their matchup straight… ...Read More
- NCAAF Friday night picks: Ohio State vs. Northwestern & 3 more (10/17/2019) - Ohio State has been one of the best teams in… ...Read More
- Scully’s NCAAF Week 8 picks: Big favorites, dangerous underdogs (10/17/2019) - Most college football teams are entering the second half of… ...Read More
- Weekday NCAAF betting preview: UCLA vs. Stanford & more (10/16/2019) - Even with Stanford’s third-string quarterback under center, UCLA’s defense is… ...Read More
- Burrow boosts Heisman odds with sensational game against Florida (10/16/2019) - Quarterback Joe Burrow already had perhaps the game of the… ...Read More
- NCAAF: Georgia’s loss could spell doom for Notre Dame (10/16/2019) - Georgia lost its first game of the season Saturday, but… ...Read More
- NCAAF Week 8 Betting Guide (10/15/2019) - Week 8 of the college football season is just days… ...Read More
- Big Ten football picks: #10 Penn State vs. #17 Iowa & 4 more (10/11/2019) - Last time we bet against Penn State on the road,… ...Read More
- Big 12 football picks: #6 Oklahoma vs. #11 Texas & more (10/11/2019) - It’s time for the Red River Showdown, and possibly the… ...Read More
- NCAAF Friday night picks: #20 Virginia vs. Miami & more (10/11/2019) - What happened to Miami? The Hurricanes had a terrific offseason.… ...Read More
- SEC football picks: #7 Florida vs. #5 LSU & 5 more (10/11/2019) - Florida was a preseason Top 10 team, but the Gators… ...Read More
- NCAAF: Who is the better team at No. 3? Georgia or Ohio State? (10/10/2019) - Both Ohio State and Georgia look primed for a spot… ...Read More
- Top 5 NCAAF mammoth spread busters for Week 7 (10/10/2019) - The favorites hit back last week, but do not count… ...Read More
- Scully’s NCAAF Week 7 picks: Fireworks expected for OU-Texas (10/10/2019) - The most significant regular-season game in the Big 12, Oklahoma… ...Read More
- Weekday NCAAF betting preview: Syracuse vs. NC State & 2 more (10/9/2019) - Weekday football gives you a chance to watch and wager… ...Read More
- ACC football picks: Florida State vs. #2 Clemson & 5 more (10/9/2019) - Florida State at #2 Clemson, Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC… ...Read More
- Who can challenge Tua Tagovailoa for the Heisman Trophy? (10/9/2019) - With so many players dropping out of the Heisman Trophy… ...Read More
- Florida is legit and other lessons learned from NCAAF Week 6 (10/8/2019) - Not many people were giving Florida any chance of beating… ...Read More
- NCAAF Week 6 picks: Can Iowa stay unbeaten against Michigan? (10/4/2019) - Iowa will put its unbeaten record on the line this… ...Read More
- Big 12 football picks: #6 Oklahoma vs. Kansas & 3 more (10/4/2019) - This is a big weekend for separation in the Big… ...Read More
- Big Ten football picks: Michigan State vs. Ohio State & 5 more (10/4/2019) - It's another tricky set of matchups in the Big Ten… ...Read More
- SEC football picks: Auburn vs. Florida & 2 more (10/3/2019) - Not only is Saturday's Auburn-Florida game a top-10 matchup, but… ...Read More
- NCAAF Friday night preview: #18 UCF vs. Cincinnati & more (10/3/2019) - There won’t be any College Football Playoff talk for the… ...Read More
- Scully’s NCAAF Week 6 picks: Quality defenses in the spotlight (10/3/2019) - We will see more marquee matchups in the weeks to… ...Read More
- Top 5 NCAAF mammoth spread busters for Week 6 (10/3/2019) - After a second consecutive 4-1 week, the underdogs are officially… ...Read More