College Football Betting Online
The Basics of Betting on College Football
College Football (NCAAF) betting includes the moneyline, spread and total. Exotic bets such as parlays and round robins are also available. The spread in football is known as the “betting line.” Futures wagering and prop bets are also extremely popular among football enthusiasts. With many school teams shaping multiple conferences who compete among one another for several months, there are plenty of opportunities for action.
- Free College Football Expert Picks
- NCAAF Moneyline Betting
- NCAAF Spread Betting
- NCAAF Over/Under Betting
- NCAAF Futures & Prop Bets
- NCAAF News & Analysis
- Bet College Football on BetAmerica Sportsbook
Free College Football Expert Picks
Get the free news and analysis from BetAmerica’s NCAAF Experts to make smarter bets on football this season. Click here to find more of the latest free picks from our College Football experts
- Georgia Bulldogs 2019 college football betting preview (8/15/2019) - Heading into 2019 Georgia looks every bit as loaded as it has been the last couple years. While there have been some key departures, head… ...Read More
- Tua Tagovailoa and Trevor Lawrence co-favored to win Heisman (8/14/2019) - The competition for this year’s Heisman Trophy has two very clear and deserving favorites heading into the season. Tua Tagovailoa of Alabama and Trevor Lawrence… ...Read More
College Football Moneyline Betting
Betting on an NCAAF moneyline is pretty straightforward as you’re simply picking the winning team. In most cases, there will be a favorite and an underdog listed for each game. Placing a bet on the favorite will offer a lower payout while placing a bet on an underdog will offer a premium payout. The NCAAF moneyline is typically listed based on the bet required to win $100 if betting on the favorite vs. the potential win for a bet of $100 placed on the underdog.
In addition to current records and which team is at home, the starting quarter back typically has a big impact on NCAAF moneylines. If the team leader of the team is on the field for the underdog, that might even up the odds a bit between two teams that might seem otherwise a bit mismatched.
Betting College Football Against the Spread
In addition to moneylines, NCAAF matches will also feature a spread or “betting line” between two teams. Rather than simply picking a winner, this form of betting features a 1.5 spread on the final score of any game.
Betting the NCAAF spread can be a great option in certain scenarios. For example, if you expect a favored team to win by several touchdowns or field goals, betting the spread will get you better odds than going with the traditional moneyline.
College Football Over/Under Bets
Let’s say two teams seem evenly-matched, but the starting quarter back is not very good, and you expect a high number of touchdowns to be scored. In this instance, you may want to consider betting on the “over/under” total for a NCAAF game, rather than picking a winner.
An NCAAF over/under bet involves simply choosing whether you think there will be more total points scored by both teams, or less total scores, than what is listed on the published line.
College Football Futures and NCAAF Prop Betting
The futures market for the NCAAF will feature heavily on the College Football Championship Game, conference titles, conference championships and other milestones like Heisman and Coach of the Year. These are long term investments. The Championship favorite usually begins around +500 and ends around +300 by the time the playoffs begin. A longshot would be any team that has +2000 odds to win the Championship or higher.
Prop betting is one of the best parts about football betting. You can generate action on player props and team props. You can bet on almost anything these days from total rushing yards by a particular player, to total number of first down in an over/under fashion. This has added a certain level of extra joy to betting on American football.
By far the most popular futures market is the Regular Season Win Totals presented in preseason. These measure how many wins a team will have at the end of their season and give odds for OVER and UNDER that total.
Recent College Football News
- Georgia Bulldogs 2019 college football betting preview (8/15/2019) - Heading into 2019 Georgia looks every bit as loaded as… ...Read More
- Tua Tagovailoa and Trevor Lawrence co-favored to win Heisman (8/14/2019) - The competition for this year’s Heisman Trophy has two very… ...Read More
- Oklahoma Sooners 2019 college football betting preview (8/14/2019) - Oklahoma did just fine in 2018 after losing Heisman winner… ...Read More
- Clemson Tigers 2019 college football betting preview (8/13/2019) - After a dominant title run last season, will it be… ...Read More
- NCAAF: Which team in the Top 25 will win the national title? (8/6/2019) - College football's first Top 25 rankings of the season are… ...Read More
- College football: Which teams will win the Power Five conferences? (8/2/2019) - College football is a regional game at its core. Both… ...Read More
- College football: Five games to bet for Week 1 (8/1/2019) - College football's opening weekend may offer the most opportunity of… ...Read More
- College football: Capitalizing on second-half lines (7/31/2019) - Every Sunday night betting lines come out for the next… ...Read More
- College football: Opening-week betting lines to consider (7/30/2019) - There is hardly anything in sports more exciting than opening… ...Read More
- College football: Evaluating Big 10 regular-season win totals (7/24/2019) - The Big 10 has been home to some talent disparity… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Notre Dame Fighting Irish (7/22/2019) - Notre Dame Fighting Irish Head coach: Brian Kelly (10th year)… ...Read More
- Evaluating win totals for SEC football teams (7/22/2019) - In the Southeastern Conference, every game matters. This is a… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Ohio State (7/10/2019) - Ohio State Head coach: Ryan Day (first full year) Last… ...Read More
- Five intriguing wagers at the sportsbook ‘buffet’ (7/9/2019) - When it comes to betting, an online sportsbook is like… ...Read More
- Preseason best bets for the 2019 college football season (7/9/2019) - We are seven weeks away from the most exciting regular… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Georgia Bulldogs (7/8/2019) - Georgia Bulldogs Head coach: Kirby Smart (fourth year) Last year’s… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Washington State Cougars (6/25/2019) - Washington State Cougars Head coach: Mike Leach (eighth year) Last… ...Read More
- Volatile Heisman futures can provide value and excitement (6/25/2019) - The Heisman Trophy futures might have the wildest fluctuations over… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Louisville Cardinals (6/21/2019) - Louisville Cardinals Head coach: Scott Satterfield (first year) Last year’s… ...Read More
- NFL player props for the ‘Fantasy Guy’ (6/19/2019) - We all know Fantasy Guy. You might even be a… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: LSU Tigers (6/11/2019) - LSU Tigers Head coach: Ed Orgeron (fourth year) Last year’s… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Texas Longhorns (6/7/2019) - Head coach: Tom Herman (third year) Last year’s record: 10-4… ...Read More
- Finding value in college football futures market (6/5/2019) - College football is the most exciting sport in the world.… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Oregon Ducks (6/3/2019) - Oregon Ducks Head coach: Mario Cristobal (second year) Last year’s… ...Read More
- College football betting preview: Auburn Tigers (5/28/2019) - Auburn Tigers Head coach: Gus Malzahn (seventh year) Last year’s… ...Read More