College Football Betting Online
The Basics of Betting on College Football
College Football (NCAAF) betting includes the moneyline, spread and total. Exotic bets such as parlays and round robins are also available. The spread in football is known as the “betting line.” Futures wagering and prop bets are also extremely popular among football enthusiasts. With many school teams shaping multiple conferences who compete among one another for several months, there are plenty of opportunities for action.
- Free College Football Expert Picks
- Weekly NCAAF Betting Guide
- NCAAF Moneyline Betting
- NCAAF Spread Betting
- NCAAF Over/Under Betting
- NCAAF Futures & Prop Bets
- NCAAF News & Analysis
- Bet College Football on BetAmerica Sportsbook
Free College Football Expert Picks
Get the free news and analysis from BetAmerica’s NCAAF Experts to make smarter bets on football this season. Click here to find more of the latest free picks from our College Football experts
- Joe Burrow favored to be 1st overall pick in 2020 NFL Draft (1/17/2020) - Now that the college football season is officially over, we can turn our attention to 2020 NFL Draft odds. To no one's surprise, Joe Burrow is… ...Read More
- The greatest college football quarterbacks of all time (1/14/2020) - LSU senior Joe Burrow had a season for the ages. He tossed an NCAA-record 60 touchdown passes, including five in the College Football Playoff National… ...Read More
NCAAF Weekly Betting Guides
Keep up with the latest trends and storylines from around college football with our weekly NCAAF Betting Guides. Each installment features in-depth game previews, expert wagering advice, statistical analysis and buzz-worthy quotes from the game’s biggest personalities. It’s all the news you need before kick-off.
- Week 1 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 2 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 3 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 4 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 5 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 6 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 7 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 8 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 9 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 10 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 11 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 12 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 13 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 14 NCAAF Betting Guide
College Football Moneyline Betting
Betting on an NCAAF moneyline is pretty straightforward as you’re simply picking the winning team. In most cases, there will be a favorite and an underdog listed for each game. Placing a bet on the favorite will offer a lower payout while placing a bet on an underdog will offer a premium payout. The NCAAF moneyline is typically listed based on the bet required to win $100 if betting on the favorite vs. the potential win for a bet of $100 placed on the underdog.
In addition to current records and which team is at home, the starting quarter back typically has a big impact on NCAAF moneylines. If the team leader of the team is on the field for the underdog, that might even up the odds a bit between two teams that might seem otherwise a bit mismatched.
Betting College Football Against the Spread
In addition to moneylines, NCAAF matches will also feature a spread or “betting line” between two teams. Rather than simply picking a winner, this form of betting features a 1.5 spread on the final score of any game.
Betting the NCAAF spread can be a great option in certain scenarios. For example, if you expect a favored team to win by several touchdowns or field goals, betting the spread will get you better odds than going with the traditional moneyline.
College Football Over/Under Bets
Let’s say two teams seem evenly-matched, but the starting quarter back is not very good, and you expect a high number of touchdowns to be scored. In this instance, you may want to consider betting on the “over/under” total for a NCAAF game, rather than picking a winner.
An NCAAF over/under bet involves simply choosing whether you think there will be more total points scored by both teams, or less total scores, than what is listed on the published line.
College Football Futures and NCAAF Prop Betting
The futures market for the NCAAF will feature heavily on the College Football Championship Game, conference titles, conference championships and other milestones like Heisman and Coach of the Year. These are long term investments. The Championship favorite usually begins around +500 and ends around +300 by the time the playoffs begin. A longshot would be any team that has +2000 odds to win the Championship or higher.
Prop betting is one of the best parts about football betting. You can generate action on player props and team props. You can bet on almost anything these days from total rushing yards by a particular player, to total number of first down in an over/under fashion. This has added a certain level of extra joy to betting on American football.
By far the most popular futures market is the Regular Season Win Totals presented in preseason. These measure how many wins a team will have at the end of their season and give odds for OVER and UNDER that total.
Recent College Football News
- Joe Burrow favored to be 1st overall pick in 2020 NFL Draft (1/17/2020) - Now that the college football season is officially over, we… ...Read More
- The greatest college football quarterbacks of all time (1/14/2020) - LSU senior Joe Burrow had a season for the ages.… ...Read More
- 3 CFP National Championship props you can’t afford to miss (1/13/2020) - This College Football Playoff National Championship is tonight, but we're… ...Read More
- 3 players with the most to gain in the CFP National Championship (1/13/2020) - The College Football Playoff National Championship is upon us, and… ...Read More
- Isaiah Simmons is Clemson’s secret weapon (1/13/2020) - Everyone knows if Clemson is to win the College Football… ...Read More
- FCS Championship preview: James Madison vs. North Dakota State (1/10/2020) - When it comes to FCS football, North Dakota State is… ...Read More
- NCAAF: 3 reasons Clemson can beat LSU (1/8/2020) - LSU's season has been a story meant for Hollywood. So… ...Read More
- Scully’s CFP National Championship preview: #3 Clemson vs. #1 LSU (1/8/2020) - Two of the best offenses in college football history will… ...Read More
- 3 key storylines heading into the CFP National Championship (1/4/2020) - If you’re anybody but an Alabama fan, the College Football… ...Read More
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Ohio vs. Nevada preview and pick (1/3/2020) - Friday’s Idaho Potato Bowl match-up between the Ohio Bobcats and… ...Read More
- LSU sits as 5.5-point favorite for CFP National Championship (1/2/2020) - It’s an all-Tiger matchup in the College Football Playoff National… ...Read More
- Armed Forces Bowl: Tulane vs. Southern Miss preview and pick (1/2/2020) - The Armed Forces Bowl features two teams that were trending… ...Read More
- LendingTree Bowl: UL Lafayette vs. Miami-Ohio preview and pick (1/2/2020) - After a flurry of college football bowls and the first… ...Read More
- Birmingham Bowl: Boston College vs. Cincinnati preview and pick (1/1/2020) - College football's bowl season continues January 2, when Boston College… ...Read More
- Scully’s Gator Bowl preview: Indiana vs. Tennessee (12/30/2019) - The Gator Bowl on January 2 features a clash between… ...Read More
- Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Utah preview and pick (12/30/2019) - College Football bowl season continues apace on December 31 as… ...Read More
- Liberty Bowl: Kansas State vs. Navy preview and pick (12/30/2019) - On Tuesday afternoon in Memphis, Kansas State takes on Navy… ...Read More
- Arizona Bowl: Georgia State vs. Wyoming preview and pick (12/30/2019) - They say that defense wins championships, and that’s exactly what… ...Read More
- Scully’s Citrus Bowl preview: Alabama vs. Michigan (12/30/2019) - A pair of powerhouse programs from the Big Ten and… ...Read More
- Scully’s Rose Bowl preview: Oregon vs. Wisconsin (12/30/2019) - The Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California is the granddaddy of… ...Read More
- Music City Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Louisville preview and pick (12/27/2019) - Mississippi State and Louisville moved in opposite directions for most… ...Read More
- Scully’s Texas Bowl and Holiday Bowl previews (12/24/2019) - College football fans will have no shortage of viewing options… ...Read More
- Military Bowl: North Carolina vs. Temple preview and pick (12/24/2019) - The Military Bowl from Annapolis, Maryland on December 27 will… ...Read More
- Pinstripe Bowl: Michigan State vs. Wake Forest preview and pick (12/24/2019) - Wake Forest was one of the few pleasant surprises in… ...Read More
- Camping World Bowl: Iowa State vs. Notre Dame preview and pick (12/24/2019) - On paper, the Camping World Bowl on Saturday, December 28… ...Read More