College Football Betting Online
The Basics of Betting on College Football
College Football (NCAAF) betting includes the moneyline, spread and total. Exotic bets such as parlays and round robins are also available. The spread in football is known as the “betting line.” Futures wagering and prop bets are also extremely popular among football enthusiasts. With many school teams shaping multiple conferences who compete among one another for several months, there are plenty of opportunities for action.
- Free College Football Expert Picks
- Weekly NCAAF Betting Guide
- NCAAF Moneyline Betting
- NCAAF Spread Betting
- NCAAF Over/Under Betting
- NCAAF Futures & Prop Bets
- NCAAF News & Analysis
- Bet College Football on BetAmerica Sportsbook
Free College Football Expert Picks
Get the free news and analysis from BetAmerica’s NCAAF Experts to make smarter bets on football this season. Click here to find more of the latest free picks from our College Football experts
- LSU narrowly favored in latest College Football Playoff odds (12/9/2019) - The college football regular season and conference championships are now over, and the bowls and College Football Playoff are set. It truly is the most… ...Read More
- College Football Playoff odds update: The bracket is set (12/9/2019) - The college football regular season is officially complete, and it is finally bowl season. Normally we have some controversy about who is in and who… ...Read More
NCAAF Weekly Betting Guides
Keep up with the latest trends and storylines from around college football with our weekly NCAAF Betting Guides. Each installment features in-depth game previews, expert wagering advice, statistical analysis and buzz-worthy quotes from the game’s biggest personalities. It’s all the news you need before kick-off.
- Week 1 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 2 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 3 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 4 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 5 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 6 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 7 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 8 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 9 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 10 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 11 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 12 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 13 NCAAF Betting Guide
- Week 14 NCAAF Betting Guide
College Football Moneyline Betting
Betting on an NCAAF moneyline is pretty straightforward as you’re simply picking the winning team. In most cases, there will be a favorite and an underdog listed for each game. Placing a bet on the favorite will offer a lower payout while placing a bet on an underdog will offer a premium payout. The NCAAF moneyline is typically listed based on the bet required to win $100 if betting on the favorite vs. the potential win for a bet of $100 placed on the underdog.
In addition to current records and which team is at home, the starting quarter back typically has a big impact on NCAAF moneylines. If the team leader of the team is on the field for the underdog, that might even up the odds a bit between two teams that might seem otherwise a bit mismatched.
Betting College Football Against the Spread
In addition to moneylines, NCAAF matches will also feature a spread or “betting line” between two teams. Rather than simply picking a winner, this form of betting features a 1.5 spread on the final score of any game.
Betting the NCAAF spread can be a great option in certain scenarios. For example, if you expect a favored team to win by several touchdowns or field goals, betting the spread will get you better odds than going with the traditional moneyline.
College Football Over/Under Bets
Let’s say two teams seem evenly-matched, but the starting quarter back is not very good, and you expect a high number of touchdowns to be scored. In this instance, you may want to consider betting on the “over/under” total for a NCAAF game, rather than picking a winner.
An NCAAF over/under bet involves simply choosing whether you think there will be more total points scored by both teams, or less total scores, than what is listed on the published line.
College Football Futures and NCAAF Prop Betting
The futures market for the NCAAF will feature heavily on the College Football Championship Game, conference titles, conference championships and other milestones like Heisman and Coach of the Year. These are long term investments. The Championship favorite usually begins around +500 and ends around +300 by the time the playoffs begin. A longshot would be any team that has +2000 odds to win the Championship or higher.
Prop betting is one of the best parts about football betting. You can generate action on player props and team props. You can bet on almost anything these days from total rushing yards by a particular player, to total number of first down in an over/under fashion. This has added a certain level of extra joy to betting on American football.
By far the most popular futures market is the Regular Season Win Totals presented in preseason. These measure how many wins a team will have at the end of their season and give odds for OVER and UNDER that total.
Recent College Football News
- LSU narrowly favored in latest College Football Playoff odds (12/9/2019) - The college football regular season and conference championships are now… ...Read More
- College Football Playoff odds update: The bracket is set (12/9/2019) - The college football regular season is officially complete, and it… ...Read More
- Mountain West Championship preview: #19 Boise State vs. Hawaii (12/6/2019) - Six of the 10 conference championship games are rematches, including… ...Read More
- AAC Championship Game preview: #20 Cincinnati vs. #17 Memphis (12/6/2019) - If it seems like it was just the other day… ...Read More
- Ranking the best and worst college football bowl names (12/6/2019) - Perusing the list of lengthy and ludicrous college football bowl… ...Read More
- Big Ten Championship Game preview: #8 Wisconsin vs. #1 Ohio State (12/5/2019) - Can the Wisconsin Badgers flip the script against the Ohio… ...Read More
- Sun Belt Championship preview: UL Lafayette vs. Appalachian State (12/5/2019) - They say familiarity breeds contempt. If that’s the case, these… ...Read More
- Pac-12 Championship Game preview: #13 Oregon vs. #5 Utah (12/5/2019) - Championship Week is upon us. The first conference title game… ...Read More
- Scully’s NCAAF Championship Week picks (12/5/2019) - The chase for the national championship in college football is… ...Read More
- The greatest bowl-game performances of the century (12/5/2019) - College football history is littered with outlandish performances. Unlike its… ...Read More
- NCAAF championship odds update: Scenarios for playoff contenders (12/4/2019) - The penultimate College Football Playoff rankings were released Tuesday night… ...Read More
- ACC Championship odds and preview: #23 Virginia vs. #3 Clemson (12/4/2019) - The ACC Championship Game will take place Saturday night, and… ...Read More
- Everything you need to know about college football bowl season (12/3/2019) - Do you feel like you need to enroll in a… ...Read More
- Alabama left out in the cold as College Football Playoff heats up (12/3/2019) - Alabama been a central player in the College Football Playoff… ...Read More
- Big 12 Championship preview and pick: #9 Baylor vs. #7 Oklahoma (12/3/2019) - The first big-conference title game Saturday morning is the Big… ...Read More
- SEC Championship preview and pick: #4 Georgia vs. #2 LSU (12/3/2019) - The official College Football Playoff doesn’t begin for another month,… ...Read More
- The best quarterback/wide receiver tandems in college football (12/2/2019) - As 2019 comes to a close, let’s take inventory of… ...Read More
- Big 12 football picks: #9 Baylor vs. Kansas and more (11/29/2019) - The final week of the regular season is upon us,… ...Read More
- Ohio State vs. Michigan tops this weekend’s must-see games (11/29/2019) - Not sure how to spend your weekend? We have you… ...Read More
- SEC Rivalry Week picks: #5 Alabama vs. #15 Auburn & 7 more (11/28/2019) - Rivalry Week is alive and well in the SEC with… ...Read More
- The closest races in Heisman Trophy history (11/28/2019) - As national television, the internet, and social media increases the… ...Read More
- Top 5 NCAAF mammoth spread busters for Week 14 (11/28/2019) - It's Feast Week and the best weekend of family, food… ...Read More
- NCAAF Friday picks: #19 Cincinnati vs. #18 Memphis & 2 more (11/28/2019) - Shake off that turkey coma. There's football on TV! Join… ...Read More
- Scully’s NCAAF Week 14 picks: Rivalry week (11/27/2019) - The 2019 college football regular season has flown by, and… ...Read More
- NCAAF Egg Bowl preview: Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State (11/27/2019) - No Thanksgiving is complete without a serving of the Golden… ...Read More