NCAAF: Which team in the Top 25 will win the national title?
College football's first Top 25 rankings of the season are out, so let's take a look at each of the teams, their corresponding odds to win the national title and what we think of their chances!
1. Clemson +210Last season's champs and the deserving favorite, the Tigers' schedule almost guarantees them a spot in the College Football Playoff again this year. They also have the best quarterback in the nation, Trevor Lawrence.
2. Alabama +250The standard-bearer of excellence in college football, the Crimson Tide has extra motivation after its loss to Clemson in the national title game last year.
3. Georgia +950The Bulldogs have loads of talent and are likely to play Alabama in the SEC Championship.
4. Oklahoma +1800Not often does a team get to replace its Heisman winner at quarterback (Kyler Murray) with a signal caller who won a national championship with another program (Jalen Hurts).
5. Ohio State +1400This team has more elite talent than the rest of the conference combined. The value pick from the Top 25.
6. LSU +2500Boy, did those odds shoot up! That's what happens when you're in Alabama's division.
7. Michigan +1400The obvious challenger to Ohio State. The Big 10 champ is almost surely guaranteed a spot in the playoff.
8. Florida +3300There is too much youth on this team to win it all.
9. Notre Dame +3300The Irish could make a run, and Ian Book is a leader and great college quarterback.
10. Texas +2800The Longhorns have too many defensive- and offensive-line starters to replace.
11. Texas A&M +6000The Aggies might be a great team, but are in way too tough of a division to run the table.
12. Washington +4500The Huskies are my pick to break the Pac-12's drought of playoff appearances. Remember the name Jacob Eason.
13. Oregon +5000They Ducks would be +4000 if they got Washington at home.
14. Penn State +7000Not going to happen with quarterback Trace McSorley now in the NFL.
15. Utah +8000The Utes will be tough, but don't have anywhere near enough talent to win it all.
16. Auburn +4000The Tigers have talent to make a run, but have the same dilemma as Texas A&M.
17. Wisconsin +8000Another value pick, if the Badgers win the Big Ten West and upset Ohio State, they have a chance.
18. Central Florida +20000Might as well make the Knights 500-1.
19. Iowa +15000The Hawkeyes can't score enough to win a championship.
20. Michigan State +10000See above.
21. Washington State +10000It isn't wise to underestimate Mike Leach, but hard to see a national title trophy going to the Palouse.
22. Syracuse +15000The Orange have a unique and motivating head coach in Dino Babers, but not enough elite talent.
23. Stanford +10000The Cardinal gets far too conservative coaching to win every game on the schedule, and that's what it would have to do to win a title.
24. Iowa State +6900Unlikely, sure, but there's a reason these future odds have dipped relative to the Cyclones' neighbors in the standings. Matt Campbell is one of the best young coaches in the sport.
25. Northwestern +15000Congratulations on being ranked.
Have an opinion on which team will end the season hoisting the national-title trophy? Whether it's a favorite or a longshot, take your shot at BetAmerica!