Pacific-12 Conference (Pac-12)
The Pac-12 consists of Arizona, Arizona State, California, UCLA, Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State, USC, Stanford, Utah, Washington and Washington State.
The Western United States formerly held the Pacific Coast Conference as well as a slew of other names early in it’s life, but the 2011 Pac-12 came to fruition as Colorado and Utah were both included into the conference. The Pac-12 has been formerly known as the Big Five, Big Six, Pacific-8, and Pacific-10. The conference has earned the nickname of “Conference of Champions” due to the fact that teams in the Pac-12 have collectively earned more team sport national championships than any other athletic conference in Division I.
Format and Scheduling
Rivalries frequently discussed include Oregon vs. Oregon State, California vs. Stanford, Arizona vs. Arizona State, Colorado vs. Utah, Washington vs. Washington State and UCLA vs. USC. In fact, in a general sense each of the California-based universities in the Pac-12 consider one another a rival. Other rivalries are derived from in-state university splits or regional groupings. The Pac-12 is split into two divisions, the North and South divisions. The conference plays a nine-game conference schedule leaving three games open to out-of-conference play. At the end of each season the leaders of each Pac-12 division play one another in the Pac-12 Championship in Levi’s Stadium.
Pac-12 Football Championships by School
|School||Pac-12 Championships||National Championships|
|Arizona State||(2) 1970, 1975||(0)|
|California||(5) 1920, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1937||(5) 1920, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1937|
|Colorado||(1) 1990||(1) 1990|
|USC||(16) 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1933, 1939, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1978, 1979, 2002, 2003, 2004||(11) 1928, 1931, 1932, 1939, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1978, 2003, 2004|
|Stanford||(2) 1926, 1940||(2) 1926, 1940|
|Washington||(4) 1960, 1984, 1990, 1991||(4) 1960, 1984, 1990, 1991|
Recent Pac-12 News
- Take a Knee – Herbert, Oregon Miss Pac-12 Opportunity (9/25/2018) - Stanford Tightens Stranglehold on PAC-12 Oregon Blows PAC-12 Battle Against Stanford - by Fairway Jay In one of the wildest games of the season thus ...Read More
- Top 12 Picks for Week 1 College Football (8/30/2018) - by DS Williamson Check out my Top 12 games for Week 1 College Football betting, quick hits style! Thursday, Aug. 30th #23 Central Florida Knights ...Read More
- NCAAF – Quarterback Battles Settled at Major Programs (8/30/2018) - by DS Williamson Beyond Alabama, most college football teams have decided on their Week 1 settled their in-house quarterback battles. Nick Saban won’t say if ...Read More
- Chik-fil-A Kickoff Game Preview – Saturday, Sept 1 (8/29/2018) - The marquee match-up of the first full weekend of college football betting kicks off Saturday, and the contest could have a major impact on the ...Read More
- Scully Scouts Four Teams to Fade in College Football Week 1 (8/29/2018) - By James Scully Handicapper James Scully brings you four, high-profile teams worth fading in College Football Week 1. Let's get you started with some strong ...Read More
- Bet Underrated 2018 Utah Utes Season Win Total (8/29/2018) - by Fairway Jay Don't Underestimate the 2018 Utah Utes! The PAC-12 was down last season, and so were the Utah Utes, who finished 7-6 SU ...Read More