The Peach Bowl
The Peach Bowl has been hosted in Atlanta since 1968 and is one of the highest profile, post-season games in college football.
Who will play in the 2018 Peach Bowl of College Football?
On the eve of the new year, the 2018 Peach Bowl will feature the Michigan Wolverines out of the Big Ten Conference. They will play the Florida Gators from the SEC. Michigan went 8-1 in conference play and 10-2 overall, while the University of Florida holds a 5-3 conference and 9-3 season of wins and losses.
The History of College Football’s Peach Bowl
The Peach Bowl was inaugurated in 1968 and currently plays out of the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia. From 1993-2016 it was hosted by the Georgia Dome. Prior to that, the game was played in the Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium from 1971-1992.
As the key sponsor, the event was rebranded as the Chik-fil-A Bowl from 2006-2013 due to sponsorship. It was renamed the The Peach Bowl in 2014 and joined the College Football Playoff (CFP) system as one of six bowl games eligible to host a national semi-final game or the National Championship game.
Peach Bowl Historic Moments
The 2016 Peach Bowl was a CFP semi-final contest and highest-rated matchup in Peach Bowl history between No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Washington. The Crimson Tide won 24-7 in front of a record Peach Bowl crowd of 75,996 in the final college football game played at the Georgia Dome. The 1992 Peach Bowl was the first played at the Georgia Dome and at the time set a record attendance of 69,125 as North Carolina beat Mississippi State 21-17.
The 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl was the first match-up of 10-win teams in Chick-fil-A Bowl history as Clemson beat LSU 25-24 on a 37-yard field goal as time expired.
The only overtime game in Chick-fil-A Bowl history was in 2007 when Auburn defeated Clemson 23-20.
The 1991 Peach Bowl was the final one played at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, and was the largest crowd (59,322) in Peach Bowl history at the time.
The 1974 Peach Bowl was the only tie in its history, with a 6-6 result between Texas Tech and Vanderbilt.
The highest-scoring game in Peach Bowl history was in 2013 when Texas A&M rallied from a 38-17 halftime deficit to beat Duke 52-48 behind Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.
The 2018 Peach Bowl is Saturday, Dec. 29 between Michigan and Florida.
Recent Peach Bowl News
- Best 2019 College Football Championship Prop Bets (1/7/2019) - As with any big game, there's a huge platter of side plays that bettors can feast on. Here are the top five 2019 College Football Championship ...Read More
- 2019 College Football National Championship Betting Free Pick (1/7/2019) - The two best college football programs for the past 3 seasons throw down at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, AZ on Monday, January 7 in ...Read More
- College Football Championship Game Preview (1/7/2019) - Clemson Tigers +5.5 vs Alabama Crimson Tide (Monday 8 p.m. ET) Powerhouse programs will meet in the national championship game for the third time in ...Read More
- Clemson Ready To Take Down Alabama in 2018 National Championship Game (1/4/2019) - The two alpha teams in college football meet again in the 2018 National Championship game when No. 1 Alabama and No. 2 Clemson clash for ...Read More
- 2019 Rose Bowl Betting – No.6 Ohio State vs. No.9 Washington (12/31/2018) - The “Granddaddy of them all“ is football’s oldest bowl game played since 1902. The 2019 Rose Bowl betting matchup will feature a Big Ten vs ...Read More
- Injuries and Absences Impacting 2019 Fiesta Bowl Betting (12/31/2018) - This will be the third straight bowl appearance for Central Florida, and the Knights enter on an absurd 26-game winning streak dating back to last ...Read More
- Kick-Off New Year’s With This 2019 Citrus Bowl Free Pick! (12/31/2018) - SEC upstart Kentucky travels to Camping World Stadium in Orlando to take on Big Ten power Penn State in the 2019 Citrus Bowl on Tuesday, ...Read More
- 2018 Outback Bowl – Defensive Duel Expected Between No. 18 Mississippi State vs Iowa (12/31/2018) - The No. 18 Mississippi State Bulldogs and Iowa Hawkeyes kick-off New Year’s Day in the 2018 Outback Bowl at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. ...Read More
- 2019 Sugar Bowl Betting – Will Georgia Rebound To Thwart Texas Longhorns? (12/31/2018) - Two of the best teams in the nation throw down at the Superdome in New Orleans on January 1. The 2019 Sugar Bowl betting encounter ...Read More
- NC State Looks To Remain Hot Against Texas A&M in 2018 Taxslayer Bowl Betting Matchup (12/31/2018) - Drama abounds in the 2018 Taxslayer Bowl betting matchup. The North Carolina State Wolfpack looks to finish the season ranked in the College Football Playoff ...Read More
- Will Northwestern Keep Up With Utah in 2018 Holiday Bowl Betting? (12/31/2018) - The Big Ten runner-up battles the Pac 12 runner up in the 2018 Holiday Bowl betting matchup on Monday, December 31. The #22 Northwestern Wildcats ...Read More
- 2018 Military Bowl Betting Free Pick (12/30/2018) - A rising program and one that must rediscover it’s footing head to Navy-Marine Corp Memorial Stadium on Monday, December 31 for the 2018 Military Bowl ...Read More
- 2018 Sun Bowl Free Pick – The Value Play on New Year’s Eve (12/30/2018) - Bettors will have to choose between two good football teams that were challenged by tough schedules which is why I'm here with a 2018 Sun ...Read More
- 2018 Redbox Bowl Free Pick – Michigan State vs. Oregon Ducks (12/30/2018) - Oregon has the edges on offense while Michigan State has the stronger defense in a battle of teams with contrasting styles in the newly sponsored ...Read More
- Expect a Shootout in the 2018 Liberty Bowl Betting (12/30/2018) - If high scoring shootouts and flying footballs with little defensive resistance is your style, then tune into the 2018 Liberty Bowl betting battle on New ...Read More
- Can Sooners Outlast Crimson Tide in 2018 Orange Bowl? (12/28/2018) - Instead of putting together an SEC Championship rematch between the #1 Alabama Crimson Tide and nemesis Georgia, the CFP Selection Committee decided to go with ...Read More
- Clemson Overvalued Against Notre Dame in 2018 Cotton Bowl Betting (12/28/2018) - The Notre Dame Fighting Irish acquired their first ever bid to the College Football Playoff after an impressive undefeated season. On Dec. 29, the #3 ...Read More
- 2018 Peach Bowl Preview – Is This Jon Harbaugh’s College Swan Song? (12/28/2018) - Since returning to the college ranks, it's hard to call Jon Harbaugh's tenure at Michigan anything other than a rousing success. He's returned the Wolverines ...Read More
- 2018 Arizona Bowl Betting – Arkansas State vs. Nevada (12/28/2018) - The Arkansas State Red Wolves travel to Tucson, Arizona on Saturday to take on the Nevada Wolf Pack in the 2018 Arizona Bowl facing a ...Read More
- 2018 Belk Bowl – Can Virginia Overcome South Carolina? (12/28/2018) - The 2018 Belk Bowl in Charlotte, NC should have a good following of fans from both teams. The ACC vs SEC match-up has seen the ...Read More
- CFP Semi Finals – No. 4 Oklahoma vs. No. 1 Alabama in 2018 Orange Bowl (12/27/2018) - The much-anticipated 2018 Orange Bowl and College Football Playoff matchup between No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Oklahoma features two Heisman Trophy finalists and record ...Read More
- Scully’s 2018 College Football Playoff Free Picks (12/27/2018) - College Football Semi Final - 2018 Orange Bowl Notre Dame Fighting Irish +13 vs Clemson Tigers (Saturday 4 p.m. ET) A pair of stingy defenses ...Read More
- 2018 Alamo Bowl Preview – #13 WSU vs. #24 Iowa State (12/27/2018) - Washington State likely a bit disappointed in not making the Rose Bowl or New Year’s Day Bowl following their season-ending snow-sledging loss to rival Washington. ...Read More
- 2018 Cotton Bowl Breakdown – #2 Clemson vs. #3 Notre Dame (12/27/2018) - The 2018 Cotton Bowl is the opening College Football Playoff game this season and No. 3 Notre Dame is taking most of the action as ...Read More
- 2018 Camping World Bowl Betting – #16 West Virginia vs. #20 Syracuse (12/27/2018) - A couple of Top 20 ranked teams head to Orlando, Florida on Friday for the 2018 Camping World Bowl betting bonanza. Up until back-to-back losses ...Read More