National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) was formed in 1906 to help organize the United States intercollegiate athletics. The organization has several functions, but the primary function is with general legislative and administrative authority for intercollegiate athletics. The first national championship for the NCAA was the National College Track and Field Championship in 1921.
In 1973, three divisions were formed within the NCAA. Among the divisions, the NCAA compiles statistics and rule books or guides for the sports covered among their specific division. Sports that adhere to the division’s oversight include American football, baseball, men and women’s basketball, football (soccer), ice hockey, lacrosse, skiing, swimming, diving, track and field athletics, wrestling and many other sports.
The home of the NCAA museum, Hall of Champions and headquarters can be found in Indianapolis, Indiana with 1,000 educational institutions included.
Recent College Sports News
- NCAAF – Scott Frost Era Dawns Over Nebresaka (8/14/2018) - by DS Williamson The Nebraska Conrhuskers got the prize coach from last season. Scott Frost, a former star quarterback with Nebraska, coached the Central Florida ...Read More
- Who Will Replace Mayfield for 2018 Oklahoma Sooners? (8/7/2018) - by DS Williamson Last season, the Oklahoma Sooners watched as Georgia evaporated a huge lead in the second half of their playoff semi-final clash. The ...Read More
- Swinney Leads 2018 Clemson Tigers In To Breach (8/7/2018) - by DS Williamson Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has developed the second best college football program in the nation. Only Nick Sabam’s Alabama Crimson Tide rivals ...Read More
- The 2018 Georgia Bulldogs Have Major Defensive Problems (8/7/2018) - by DS Williamson Former Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart rewarded the believers at Georgia with a runner-up National Championship appearance last season. Now, Georgia fans ...Read More
- 2018 Alabama Crimson Tide Remain Team To Beat (8/7/2018) - by DS Williamson Tua Tagovailoa and Nick Saban shocked the Georgia Bulldogs in overtime of last season’s National Championship to win yet another College Football ...Read More
- 2018 Michigan Wolverines – Harbaugh Hot Seat (8/7/2018) - Is Harbaugh In Trouble If Wolverines Struggle? by DS Williamson Coach Jim Harbaugh knows that this could be the season where the Michigan alumni decide ...Read More
Click here to read all posts on College Sports