How to Bet on the Kentucky Derby – Saturday May 6th
The Kentucky Derby is the most famous horse race in the world bringing old and new fans together to bet on the most thrilling two minutes in sport. Below is a detailed guide on how to place a wager on the Kentucky Derby with BetAmerica. You don’t have to be at Churchill Downs to bet on the Derby – you can bet on your favorite horses from the comfort of your own home (or even on your cell phone!) with BetAmerica is a safe, secure and legal way. Click here to open a BetAmerica account for free.
Step 1 – Open a BetAmerica Account
- To open the BetAmerica registration page click HERE.
- You will need to fill out your basic contact information including: Name, Address, Phone, and Email
- Pick a unique username and password of your choice
- Fill-in your date of birth and last four digits of your SSN (This is purely to verify your information)
- If the information you entered does not get verified due to an error, please contact our customer service team at 866-607-7929 or 701-232-1328
Step 2 – Deposit Funds
- You will be automatically directed to the deposit page (pictured to the right) after you log in for the first time.
- To see what the deposit page looks like, click the image to the right to enlarge it.
- If this is your first time depositing, your initial deposit will be matched 200% up to $400. For more information regarding our deposit bonus click HERE.
Step 3 – Place a bet on the Kentucky Derby
- After you make your initial deposit, you will see all of the available tracks you can wager on in the left sidebar. For the Kentucky Derby, find and click on “Churchill Downs” under “My Tracks” to open up the Handicapping page for Churchill Downs. On Friday, you can place your Kentucky Derby wagers by clicking on “KENTUCKY DERBY Adv”.
- The Kentucky Derby is Race 12 and this is where you can see the runners and riders for this years Kentucky Derby.
- Before you make your wager you might want to check out all of our free handicapping information by clicking on “Quick View” in the upper left.
- Once you know what bet you want to make, click on “WIN” and select your bet type you wish to use. (If you are unsure of the bet types, click HERE for more information). Select your $ amount for your wager.
- Select your horses by clicking on the green circle next to your desired horses which will create a bet at the bottom of the screen. Click “Add to Bet Slip” and this will add it to your bet slip in the right side bar.
- Lastly, submit all of your bets on the Kentucky Derby by clicking “Submit All Bets” in the right side bar. You are all set now to sit back and watch your horse win the Kentucky Derby with our free live video in the top right!