FanEx Sports NBA Daily Fantasy Recap for 2/25/2014
Tuesday's Top 5 Studs:
- Kevin Love: Kevin Love came 1 assist shy of his second career triple-double after delivering his first on Saturday against the Jazz. Kevin Love is continuing to pick up his play, especially over the last 6 games where he has scored over 30 points and rebounded over 10 rebounds in all of those games. His lull in the middle of the first-half seems to be behind him as his last game under 20 points game over a month ago. Last night Kevin Love scored 33 points, grabbed 13 rebounds, and dished out 9 assists in a 110 to 101 victory over the Phoenix Suns.
- James Harden: Harden scored a league leading 43 points last night and he didn't even play in the fourth quarter. Houston routed the Sacramento Kings last night with the help of 18 first quarter points from Harden and his fourth career 40 point game to allow the starters to sit the entire fourth quarter. Overall, Harden scored 54 FanEx points last night continuing his hot streak after the All-Star break where he has averaged 33.5 points, 7.8 assists, and 4.25 rebounds a game. Tonight against the Clippers could be the toughest test he has had since the All-Star break, but this game could be a high scoring game that goes back and forth until the end.
- Damian Lillard: Since Aldridge went down during the All-Star break, Lillard has picked up the slack averaging 30.5 points, 6.75 assists, and 3.75 rebounds a game making him an almost must start when Aldridge is out. Last night Lillard delivered again scoring 31 points, dishing out 9 assists, and grabbing 7 rebounds in a 100 to 95 victory over the Nuggets. Aldridge doesn't have a timetable yet to return, but was seen doing light pre-game shooting on Tuesday so stay tuned to see when Aldridge returns, but at the moment Lillard is the TrailBlazers go to player.
- DeMar DeRozan: DeRozan continues to deliver great fantasy performances in his career high year. Last night his stat line was 33 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds to lead to 45 FanEx points on the night. The Raptors play the Wizards next on Thursday, so look for DeRozan to battle with Bradley Beal and Trevor Ariza all night long, but I like DeRozan to have the upper hand in that match-up and look to try and reach his current fantasy value.
- John Wall: John Wall has has an up and down fantasy year as his consistency on a game by game basis has not been the best for his high value on FanEx Sports. Last night he delivered a 40 point FanEx performance, but he his very high priced on all fantasy sites so make sure to put him in your line-ups on good match-ups moving forward. His next game is against the Raptors and Kyle Lowry, so I am staying away from this match-up, but with Wall's skill set he could go off at any moment.
- Ish Smith - Goran Dragic rolled his ankle last night against the Timberwolves and is questionable for tonight's game against the Jazz. Ish Smith is the next in line to take the PG roll and is only priced at $18 on FanEx. The other person to increase with Dragic's injury is P.J. Tucker who is at $29.95. So watch Dragic's status up until tip-off to see if you should roll the dice with Ish and Tucker for tonight.
- Damian Lillard - I am jumping on the Lillard train as long as Aldridge sits out again tonight. Brooklyn doesn't have a great defense and Lillard has been on a roll over the last four games so Lillard should be a must start tonight.
- Any Magic player - The Magic play the terrible 76ers team today in Philadelphia and the 76ers are pretty much throwing in the towel for this season. Look for Oladipo and Vucevic to get most of the points here if Arron Afflalo is out again tonight. A good value Magic player would be E'Twaun Moore who is only $21.46 for tonight's match-up.
- Thaddeus Young - While the 76ers are a sinking ship, it has to have a captain that goes down with the ship and that is Young at the moment. While Young may not be happy with his situation, he has been a fantasy stud since the trade deadline and look for hi to continue that streak against the Magic because someone has to score for the 76ers at some point...
- ORL v PHI at 7:00PM EST
- ATL v BOS at 7:30PM EST
- GSW v CHI at 8:00PM EST
- NOP v DAL at 8:00PM EST (on ESPN)
- LAL v MEM at 8:00PM EST
- CLE v OKC at 8:00PM EST
- DET v SAS at 8:30PM EST
- PHX v UTA at 9:00PM EST
- BKN v POR at 10:00PM EST
- HOU v LAC at 10:30PM EST (on ESPN)