No event brings Americans together quite like the Super Bowl. Held annually since 1967, the NFL’s championship game is regularly viewed by more than 100 million frenzied football fans from coast-to-coast and millions more around the globe. This page contains all of the stats, facts and info you need to enjoy the most anticipated game of the year.
When is the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl LIV, also known as Super Bowl 54, will be played on Sunday, February 2, 2020 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. Kick-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET. This marks the sixth time Miami Gardens will host the league’s championship game.
Who is playing in the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl LIV will be played between the champion of the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC). Time will tell if we get a grudge match between two NFL blue bloods or we witness the rise of a new team to take home the Vince Lombardi Trophy in 2020.
How can I watch the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl LIV will be broadcast on Fox. Veteran announcer Joe Buck has been tabbed to handle play-by-play duties and will be joined in the booth by three-time Super Bowl champ Troy Aikman. Erin Andrews, Kristina Pink and Chris Myers will join the pair as sideline reporters.
How long is the Super Bowl?
The Super Bowl is made up of four 15-minute quarters and a half-hour halftime extravaganza. When you factor in advertisements, replays and the occasional injury, the entire game typically takes three hours and 45 minutes from the opening kick-off to the final whistle.
Who is performing on the Super Bowl halftime show?
The 2020 Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show will be headlined by recording artists Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. The eagerly anticipated event will be co-produced by Jay-Z’s Roc Nation company and will air live in 180 countries around the globe.
Why does the Super Bowl have Roman numerals?
Roman numerals may seem like an odd choice at a time when most people think IV is an abbreviation for intravenous rather than the number four. However, the NFL uses Roman numerals for the Super Bowl to prevent confusion among fans since the game is played in the calendar year following a recorded season. For instance, Super Bowl LIV will be played in 2020 despite the fact that the 17-game regular season will be staged in 2019.
Which teams have won the most Super Bowl titles?
|Team||Super Bowl Titles||Super Bowl Appearances||Last Super Bowl Title|
|New England Patriots||6||11||2018|
|San Francisco 49ers||5||6||1994|
|Green Bay Packers||4||5||2010|
|New York Giants||4||5||2011|
It may seem deflating to some, but when it comes to Super Bowl titles, everyone is still chasing the Patriots. New England has captured the Vince Lombardi Trophy six times since 2001 thanks to the lasting partnership of head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady. The pair have won a staggering 76% of their regular season games since joining forces and are showing no signs of slowing down in 2019. Here are three facts you need to know about football’s holy grail:
- Only seven franchises have won consecutive Super Bowls
- The NFC holds a narrow 27-26 lead over the AFC in Super Bowl wins
- Super Bowls account for 19 of the 20 most popular broadcasts in U.S. television history. Super Bowl XLIX in 2015 was seen by more than 114 million viewers
Who has the most Super Bowl rings?
No player has won more Super Bowl rings than All Pro quarterback Tom Brady, who has captured all six of his championships with the New England Patriots. Brady is also at the top of the charts for most Super Bowl appearances (9)
most Super Bowl MVP awards (4), most Super Bowl touchdown passes (18) and most Super Bowl passing yards (2,838).
Which teams have never won a Super Bowl title?
|Team||Year EST||Super Bowl Appearances||Last Super Bowl Appearance|
|Los Angeles Chargers||1970||1||1995|
No team has endured a longer Super Bowl drought than the Cardinals, who have infuriated fanbases in four different cities since entering the league in 1920. The closest the Cards came to hoisting the Vince Lombardi trophy was in 2009 when Arizona lost 27-23 to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.
Additional Events Leading Up to the Super Bowl
The AFC-NFC World Championship Opening Night
There’s a lot more to the biggest event in football than just the game itself. Typically starting on Monday of Super Bowl week, players and coaches address the nation – live for the second time in 2020 – at a press conference in the hosting arena. This is the first environment where players from both teams can interact with one another and the media.
Lucky fans can interact with the players, team mascots, cheerleaders, and pro football legends at select venues. Opportunities often include FREE autographs, photo opportunities, prizes and more.
Super Bowl Live
A free-to-the-public fan village will be available by the Super Bowl Host Committee. This major attraction will highlight the host city’s rich culture and will feature music and concerts.
The Official Shop Flagship Store and Locations
Super Bowl ticketholders can access the main location to shop, see exclusive player appearances and music concerts. Official Super Bowl merchandise is available and exclusive, limited edition winter hats, footballs, watches, Build-A-Bear, Nike and New Era apparel products can also be purchased. Customizable socks and tees can also be found for fans who want to deck themselves out from head to toe.
Super Duper Sunday Address:
Hard Rock Stadium
347 Don Shula Drive, Miami Gardens, Florida 33056
2019 Super Bowl teams
Coming off an impressive game where New England entered as the underdogs to Kansas City, they faced a hot Los Angeles team, who defeated New Orleans at home in Louisiana.
Recent Super Bowl News
- What Super Bowl-winning defenses have in common (10/19/2019) - Since defense is most often identified as the key to success (hence the old adage, "defense wins championships"), we dissected the data on a multitude… ...Read More
- How important is the offensive line to an NFL team’s success? (10/12/2019) - Just how important are the men in the trenches? The New England Patriots boasted one of the best offensive lines in the league the last… ...Read More
- Super Bowl trends to consider before you make a wager (10/7/2019) - Let's dive into the last two decades of Super Bowl history and search for trends to help you bet the winner in 2020 and beyond. ...Read More
- Super Bowl odds update: Biggest movers and best bets (10/2/2019) - The Super Bowl odds are constantly changing from week to week, and it is crucial for handicapping to try to maximize your odds on the… ...Read More
- Steelers’ Super Bowl odds take a beating following injury to Big Ben (9/16/2019) - You're not alone if you went to Google today and typed in "who is the Steelers' backup quarterback?" The question has been on the minds… ...Read More
- Five teams most affected by Andrew Luck’s retirement (8/26/2019) - While Indianapolis and its mourning fans figure out life after Andrew Luck, several teams are benefiting from the major roster shakeup. Here are five who… ...Read More
- Friday NFL preseason preview: Browns vs. Buccaneers (8/23/2019) - Friday's preseason NFL action is highlighted by two "dress rehearsal games," and starters on all four teams should see significant playing time, unlike other weeks… ...Read More
- Early look NFL preview: Dallas Cowboys (7/8/2019) - Dallas Cowboys Head coach: Jason Garrett (10th year) Last year’s record: 10-6-0, lost in divisional round vs. LA Rams, 30-22 First game: Sept. 8 vs.… ...Read More
- NFL Futures: Patriots and Chiefs Still Favorites (5/21/2019) - The NFL regular season will be here before you know it. Check BetAmerica's updated odds on NFL Futures. Super Bowl LIV Odds New England Patriots… ...Read More
- Patriots A Super Bowl Winner Even Though We All Lost (2/4/2019) - The history books will not be kind to Super Bowl LIII. Having the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history, with the record-setting moment circulating around… ...Read More
- Super Bowl LIII Preview – War In Trenches Will Decide Winner (2/2/2019) - Super Bowl LIII is exploding with variables, weird juju (not Smith-Schuster), overrated opinions and controversy. Ingesting them all will only lead to placing ill-conceived bets.… ...Read More
- Tom Brady Is The GOAT Regardless of SB53 Outcome (1/30/2019) - Can't we all just agree that Tom Brady is the GOAT (greatest of all time)? It's almost unbelievable that we are still having the conversation.… ...Read More
- Super Bowl Player Props – Grading The Best Offensive Player Bets (1/30/2019) - In only a few days, the Rams will attempt to win their second Super Bowl and their first in Los Angeles. Most feel that if… ...Read More
- SBLIII – Do NFL Running Backs Matter? (1/30/2019) - Over the past few seasons, a very strange debate has broken out. Do NFL running backs matter in the grand scheme of the game? With… ...Read More
- Revisiting Super Bowl XXXVI – The One Where Tom Brady Became A Thing (1/28/2019) - When the Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots battle it out at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta this Sunday, it will be more than just… ...Read More
- [VIDEO] – Scully and Shapiro Discuss Super Bowl Betting Strategies (1/25/2019) - There's a reason that there are so many Super Bowl betting strategies out there. Simply put, you won't find a game with more historical betting… ...Read More
- [VIDEO] – Scully & Shapiro Discuss Crazy Super Bowl Line Movement (1/25/2019) - In what has been a somewhat unprecedented event, the public and the oddsmakers have been bullying the Super Bowl spread since it opened at LAR… ...Read More
- Early Super Bowl 53 Betting Line Swings To Patriots (1/21/2019) - A lot has happened since the Patriots and Rams played each other in the Super Bowl seventeen seasons ago. Tom Brady's iconic journey was just… ...Read More
- Odds to win Super Bowl Llll – Saints Posting As Clear +225 Favorites (1/10/2019) - Three underdogs pulled outright upsets in the Wild Card round. That runs the against the spread record to 10-0 since last year's playoffs. The race… ...Read More
- Rematch of NFC Divisional Round Game Gets Things Started in Thursday Night Opener (9/5/2018) - The 2018-2019 NFL regular season kicks off on Thursday night as the defending champion Philadelphia Eagles host the Atlanta Falcons. These two teams met last… ...Read More