No event brings Americans together quite like the Super Bowl. Held annually since 1967, the NFL’s championship game is regularly viewed by more than 100 million frenzied football fans from coast-to-coast and millions more around the globe. This page contains all of the stats, facts and info you need to enjoy the most anticipated game of the year.
When is the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl LIV, also known as Super Bowl 54, will be played on Sunday, February 2, 2020 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. Kick-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. ET. This marks the sixth time Miami Gardens will host the league’s championship game.
Who is playing in the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl LIV will be played between the champion of the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC). Time will tell if we get a grudge match between two NFL blue bloods or we witness the rise of a new team to take home the Vince Lombardi Trophy in 2020.
How can I watch the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl LIV will be broadcast on Fox. Veteran announcer Joe Buck has been tabbed to handle play-by-play duties and will be joined in the booth by three-time Super Bowl champ Troy Aikman. Erin Andrews, Kristina Pink and Chris Myers will join the pair as sideline reporters.
How long is the Super Bowl?
The Super Bowl is made up of four 15-minute quarters and a half-hour halftime extravaganza. When you factor in advertisements, replays and the occasional injury, the entire game typically takes three hours and 45 minutes from the opening kick-off to the final whistle.
Who is performing on the Super Bowl halftime show?
The 2020 Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show will be headlined by recording artists Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. The eagerly anticipated event will be co-produced by Jay-Z’s Roc Nation company and will air live in 180 countries around the globe.
Why does the Super Bowl have Roman numerals?
Roman numerals may seem like an odd choice at a time when most people think IV is an abbreviation for intravenous rather than the number four. However, the NFL uses Roman numerals for the Super Bowl to prevent confusion among fans since the game is played in the calendar year following a recorded season. For instance, Super Bowl LIV will be played in 2020 despite the fact that the 17-game regular season will be staged in 2019.
Which teams have won the most Super Bowl titles?
|Team||Super Bowl Titles||Super Bowl Appearances||Last Super Bowl Title|
|New England Patriots||6||11||2018|
|San Francisco 49ers||5||6||1994|
|Green Bay Packers||4||5||2010|
|New York Giants||4||5||2011|
It may seem deflating to some, but when it comes to Super Bowl titles, everyone is still chasing the Patriots. New England has captured the Vince Lombardi Trophy six times since 2001 thanks to the lasting partnership of head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady. The pair have won a staggering 76% of their regular season games since joining forces and are showing no signs of slowing down in 2019. Here are three facts you need to know about football’s holy grail:
- Only seven franchises have won consecutive Super Bowls
- The NFC holds a narrow 27-26 lead over the AFC in Super Bowl wins
- Super Bowls account for 19 of the 20 most popular broadcasts in U.S. television history. Super Bowl XLIX in 2015 was seen by more than 114 million viewers
Who has the most Super Bowl rings?
No player has won more Super Bowl rings than All Pro quarterback Tom Brady, who has captured all six of his championships with the New England Patriots. Brady is also at the top of the charts for most Super Bowl appearances (9)
most Super Bowl MVP awards (4), most Super Bowl touchdown passes (18) and most Super Bowl passing yards (2,838).
Which teams have never won a Super Bowl title?
|Team||Year EST||Super Bowl Appearances||Last Super Bowl Appearance|
|Los Angeles Chargers||1970||1||1995|
No team has endured a longer Super Bowl drought than the Cardinals, who have infuriated fanbases in four different cities since entering the league in 1920. The closest the Cards came to hoisting the Vince Lombardi trophy was in 2009 when Arizona lost 27-23 to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.
Additional Events Leading Up to the Super Bowl
The AFC-NFC World Championship Opening Night
There’s a lot more to the biggest event in football than just the game itself. Typically starting on Monday of Super Bowl week, players and coaches address the nation – live for the second time in 2020 – at a press conference in the hosting arena. This is the first environment where players from both teams can interact with one another and the media.
Lucky fans can interact with the players, team mascots, cheerleaders, and pro football legends at select venues. Opportunities often include FREE autographs, photo opportunities, prizes and more.
Super Bowl Live
A free-to-the-public fan village will be available by the Super Bowl Host Committee. This major attraction will highlight the host city’s rich culture and will feature music and concerts.
The Official Shop Flagship Store and Locations
Super Bowl ticketholders can access the main location to shop, see exclusive player appearances and music concerts. Official Super Bowl merchandise is available and exclusive, limited edition winter hats, footballs, watches, Build-A-Bear, Nike and New Era apparel products can also be purchased. Customizable socks and tees can also be found for fans who want to deck themselves out from head to toe.
Super Duper Sunday Address:
Hard Rock Stadium
347 Don Shula Drive, Miami Gardens, Florida 33056
2019 Super Bowl teams
Coming off an impressive game where New England entered as the underdogs to Kansas City, they faced a hot Los Angeles team, who defeated New Orleans at home in Louisiana.
Recent Super Bowl News
- 3 key matchups that will determine Super Bowl LIV (1/21/2020) - Super Bowl LIV features a classic style-meets-style match. From the AFC, we have the Kansas City Chiefs, whose pass-heavy offense features explosive weapons like Patrick… ...Read More
- Super Bowl LIV: 49ers vs. Chiefs preview and pick (1/21/2020) - The most-watched sporting event in the U.S. is set. The Kansas City Chiefs, absent from the main event for exactly 50 years, return in Super… ...Read More
- Mahomes favored to win Super Bowl MVP (1/20/2020) - The matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers is set, and the updated Super Bowl MVP odds are available. Chiefs quarterback Patrick… ...Read More
- Chiefs open as narrow favorites over 49ers in Super Bowl LIV (1/20/2020) - Following a convincing, 35-24 victory over the Titans in the AFC Championship game, the Kansas City Chiefs opened as a one-point favorite over the San… ...Read More
- Early money for Chiefs to defeat 49ers in Super Bowl LIV (1/20/2020) - Immediately after the San Francisco 49ers stamped their ticket to take on the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LIV, BetAmerica opened betting on the… ...Read More
- 3 big storylines heading into Super Bowl LIV (1/20/2020) - With every Super Bowl there are plenty of stories, matchups, and factors that contribute to the outcome. Every detail will be combed through in the… ...Read More
- 8 prop bets to make on the NFL conference championships (1/18/2020) - Here are eight championship-round prop bets you can make on Sunday’s matchups, including highest-scoring team, most passing touchdowns, and lowest-scoring game. ...Read More
- Super Bowl Saturday: Should the NFL reschedule its title game? (1/18/2020) - Super Bowl Sunday is an unofficial American holiday, and for sportsbooks, NFL fans, and otherwise disinterested viewers who love having a reason to make cheese… ...Read More
- The greatest upsets in Super Bowl history (1/17/2020) - Favorites beware! The underdog finds a way to win the Super Bowl nearly a third of the time (17 times in 53 games). But not… ...Read More
- Super Bowl exact-outcome odds (1/16/2020) - If you think you can predict both the champion and runner-up of Super Bowl LIV, BetAmerica is offering an exact-outcome prop on the matchup. ...Read More
- AFC Championship Game: Titans vs. Chiefs preview and pick (1/15/2020) - Sparks will fly on Sunday when the upstart Tennessee Titans take on the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium in the AFC Championship Game. ...Read More
- NFC Championship Game: Packers vs. 49ers preview and pick (1/14/2020) - Back in Week 12 of the NFL regular season, the Green Bay Packers took to the road to play the San Francisco 49ers in a… ...Read More
- Titans well behind the pack in Super Bowl odds (1/14/2020) - Every week we sit down with BetAmerica Extra columnists Ashley Anderson, James Scully and Scott Shapiro to discuss the latest news from around the NFL. This week they… ...Read More
- Titans still considered a longshot to win Super Bowl LIV (1/13/2020) - The Tennessee Titans began the NFL playoffs as longshots, and that title remains for now, despite a pair of road wins over the New England… ...Read More
- Chiefs now Super Bowl favorites following Ravens collapse (1/13/2020) - After a weekend of dramatic upsets and comebacks, the Kansas City Chiefs have emerged as -105 favorites to win the Super Bowl. They’re currently listed… ...Read More
- 5 unbreakable Super Bowl records (1/11/2020) - For many in the sports world, the Super Bowl is the pinnacle. While much of the day is spent celebrating nachos, Bud Light, and extraneous… ...Read More
- Lamar Jackson favored to win Super Bowl MVP (1/10/2020) - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has all but locked up the NFL Most Valuable Player award for the 2019 season, and now the second-year sensation… ...Read More
- The NFL’s unbreakable playoff records (1/10/2020) - The playoffs are where legends are born, and there are some NFL playoff records that will likely never be matched. There are single-game performances that… ...Read More
- NFL Playoffs: Something must give in Seahawks-Packers clash (1/9/2020) - Another chapter is about to be written into the storied, chaotic, controversial history between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks. In 2012, it was… ...Read More
- Baltimore Ravens odds-on favorites to win AFC Championship (1/8/2020) - The Baltimore Ravens took the NFL by storm with a league-best 14-2 record and 12-game win streak to close out the regular season. On Saturday… ...Read More
- The 5 greatest NFL Playoff performances of all time (1/7/2020) - The NFL Playoffs are where legacies are made. Regular season excellence is admired, but postseason performances are adored. Let’s take a look at my five… ...Read More
- AFC Divisional Round preview: Texans vs. Chiefs (1/7/2020) - Hold onto your hats, as the Houston Texans will take on the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, Jan. 12 at Arrowhead Stadium. BetAmerica columnist Marty… ...Read More
- Vikings’ Super Bowl odds slashed after upset win over Saints (1/6/2020) - The Vikings went into New Orleans eight-point underdogs and pulled off a dramatic 26-20 upset in overtime against the Saints on Sunday afternoon. Minnesota, the… ...Read More
- NFC Divisional Round preview: Vikings vs. 49ers (1/6/2020) - The No. 1 seed in the NFC kicks off its playoff campaign with the first game of the Divisional Round, as the San Francisco 49ers… ...Read More
- 3 reasons you shouldn’t bet against the New England Patriots (1/3/2020) - With what seems to be their new annual tradition of losing to the Miami Dolphins out of the way, the New England Patriots turn their… ...Read More