Canterbury Park Race Track
1100 Canterbury Rd
Phone: (952) 445-7223
May – September
Notable Canterbury Park Racing Events
- Mystic Lake Derby (TB) – 3-year-olds going 1 mi. on turf
- Mystic Lake Northlands Futurity (QH) – 2-year-olds going 350 yards
- Lady Canterbury (TB) – 3-year-olds & up fillies & mares going 1 mi. on turf
- Mystic Lake Mile (TB) – 3-year-olds & up going 1 mi. on turf
- The sandy loam one-mile oval has three chutes: 3 ½ furlongs, 6 ½ furlongs and 1 ¼ miles
- The turf course is a 7/8 mile oval
History of Canterbury Park Racetrack
Located on 355 acres in Shakopee, Minnesota and just 25 minutes from downtown Minneapolis is Canterbury Park. Opened in 1985 as Canterbury Downs, then re-launched in 1994 as Canterbury Park, the grandstand is now 300,000 square feet and hosts great racing during the spring and summer months. In 2000, the Card Club was introduced and hosts Texas Hold’em, blackjack, and other poker and casino games.
About Canterbury Park Horse Racing Surface
The backstretch houses 1,500 horses in 33 barns and includes a 5/8 mile training track.
What to Do at Canterbury Park
There are plenty of great dining options at Canterbury Park. If you’re in the card casino, the Finish Line Cafe is open 24 hours, or the Chips Bar stays open until 2am or tableside menu service is also available. If you’re in the racebook, try the third floor Homestretch restaurant, the Ascot Lounge on the weekend, or the Paddock Pub for a quick drink. To maximize your enjoyment of Canterbury Park horse racing, the race track offers an online Playing the Horses guide that offer helpful hints for 1st time visitors to the facility.