Gulfstream Park Race Track
901 South Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Phone: (954) 454-7000
July – October
December – May
Notable Gulfstream Park Racing Events
- G1 Pegasus World Cup Invitational | 4-year-olds & up going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 Florida Derby | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G2 Fountain of Youth | 3-year-olds going 1-1/16 mi.
- G2 Gulfstream Park Oaks | 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
Recent Gulfstream Park News
- BARN Podcast 1/18/19 (1/17/2019) - It's Friday so we're getting you ready for the weekend including previewing stakes action from Aqueduct, Gulfstream Park, and Santa Anita. We also discuss tonight's ...Read More
- Picks and Plays for Sunshine Millions Day (1/17/2019) - The annual Sunshine Millions program at Gulfstream Park might not be quite what it was a decade or so ago, when there were more races ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 1/16/19 (1/15/2019) - We welcome in Kentucky Derby and Breeders' Cup winning trainer John Servis to talk about his winter training routines, his top filly Jaywalk, his career, ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 1/14/19 (1/13/2019) - We're looking back at all the racing action from the weekend including stakes races from Santa Anita, Gulfstream Park, and Aqueduct.
- Should You Bet Deep Closers in the Pegasus World Cup? (1/13/2019) - Question: Will deep closers who rally from the back of the pack have any chance to contend for a significant piece of the purse in ...Read More
About Horse Racing at Gulfstream Park
Gulfstream Park ran the first of many races in 1939, then was re-opened in 1944 with meet highlights the Gulfstream Park Handicap debuting in 1946 and the Florida Derby in 1952. That same year, the clubhouse and grandstand were constructed and 1959 saw the installation of the famed turf race course. The track hosted the Breeders’ Cup in 1986, 1992, and again in 1999; and was the site of Jerry Bailey’s last race aboard Silver Tree in the Sunshine Millions. After undergoing extensive renovations, the race track opened a casino and built a 110 foot bronze statue of a the mythical Pegasus killing a dragon.
Gulfstream Park: Race Track Attributes
- Main dirt race track: 1 1/8th mile oval with a 1 mile backstretch chute
- Turf race course: 1 mile oval with a portable rail
What to Do at Gulfstream Park Race Track
The fun at Gulfstream Park does not stop at horse racing, there is plenty to do and see while you are there! They have several restaurants depending on your appetite: from Christine Lee’s on the top floor overlooking the races to Ten Palms and a paddock-side oyster bar. Plus don’t miss Breakfast at Gulfstream!
Looking for great shopping in South Florida? Check out The Village: a beautiful outdoor shopping and entertainment facility just outside of the race track. Some of the best brands have stores at The Village and there are plenty of tasty restaurants to try.