Gulfstream Park Race Track
901 South Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Phone: (954) 454-7000
July – October
December – May
Notable Gulfstream Park Racing Events
- G1 Pegasus World Cup Invitational | 4-year-olds & up going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 Florida Derby | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G2 Fountain of Youth | 3-year-olds going 1-1/16 mi.
- G2 Gulfstream Park Oaks | 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
Recent Gulfstream Park News
- Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Top 5: A moment to shine (8/5/2019) - The summer race meets at Saratoga and Del Mar have been underway for a few weeks now, and we’ve already seen some eye-catching performances from… ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 6/28/19 (6/27/2019) - We're looking ahead to the weekend including discussing racing action from Churchill Downs, Gulfstream Park, Woodbine, and more! We welcome in the BARN Jury to… ...Read More
- How to bet the 2019 Princess Rooney Stakes (6/27/2019) - Handicapping Saturday’s $250,000 Princess Rooney Stakes (G2) at Gulfstream Park boils down to one pivotal question—can anyone stop #6 Stormy Embrace from winning this seven-furlong… ...Read More
- Where Will Bodexpress Run Next? (5/21/2019) - Handicappers and racing fans can endlessly argue the merits of top 3-year-olds like Maximum Security, Country House and War of Will, but I don’t think anyone… ...Read More
- Maximum Security Finishes Fast in Florida Derby (3/31/2019) - The name of the game in Saturday’s $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park was “catch me if you can,” and when the… ...Read More
About Horse Racing at Gulfstream Park
Gulfstream Park ran the first of many races in 1939, then was re-opened in 1944 with meet highlights the Gulfstream Park Handicap debuting in 1946 and the Florida Derby in 1952. That same year, the clubhouse and grandstand were constructed and 1959 saw the installation of the famed turf race course. The track hosted the Breeders’ Cup in 1986, 1992, and again in 1999; and was the site of Jerry Bailey’s last race aboard Silver Tree in the Sunshine Millions. After undergoing extensive renovations, the race track opened a casino and built a 110 foot bronze statue of a the mythical Pegasus killing a dragon.
Gulfstream Park: Race Track Attributes
- Main dirt race track: 1 1/8th mile oval with a 1 mile backstretch chute
- Turf race course: 1 mile oval with a portable rail
What to Do at Gulfstream Park Race Track
The fun at Gulfstream Park does not stop at horse racing, there is plenty to do and see while you are there! They have several restaurants depending on your appetite: from Christine Lee’s on the top floor overlooking the races to Ten Palms and a paddock-side oyster bar. Plus don’t miss Breakfast at Gulfstream!
Looking for great shopping in South Florida? Check out The Village: a beautiful outdoor shopping and entertainment facility just outside of the race track. Some of the best brands have stores at The Village and there are plenty of tasty restaurants to try.