Gulfstream Park Race Track
901 South Federal Highway
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Phone: (954) 454-7000
July – October
December – May
Notable Gulfstream Park Racing Events
- G1 Pegasus World Cup Invitational | 4-year-olds & up going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 Florida Derby | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G2 Fountain of Youth | 3-year-olds going 1-1/16 mi.
- G2 Gulfstream Park Oaks | 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
Recent Gulfstream Park News
- BARN Podcast 3/4/19 (3/3/2019) - We're looking back on a big Saturday card at Gulfstream Park that featured the Fountain of Youth Stakes, Jaywalk disappointing in her return, and much ...Read More
- 5 Takeaways from the Fountain of Youth Stakes (3/3/2019) - A deep field, a fast pace, and a wild finish combined to make Saturday’s $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park one ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 3/1/19 (2/28/2019) - We look ahead to the undercard for the Fountain of Youth at Gulfstream Park and welcome in our new BARN Jury to introduce them and ...Read More
- How to Bet the Fountain of Youth Day All-Stakes Pick 4 (2/28/2019) - The Saturday, March 2 card at Gulfstream Park includes a $750,000-guaranteed all-stakes Pick 4 covering the final four races of the day, including the much-anticipated ...Read More
- Why I’m Betting Hidden Scroll in the Fountain of Youth (2/28/2019) - I don’t think anyone will deny that #5 Vekoma and #6 Signalman are the most accomplished runners heading into Saturday’s $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes ...Read More
About Horse Racing at Gulfstream Park
Gulfstream Park ran the first of many races in 1939, then was re-opened in 1944 with meet highlights the Gulfstream Park Handicap debuting in 1946 and the Florida Derby in 1952. That same year, the clubhouse and grandstand were constructed and 1959 saw the installation of the famed turf race course. The track hosted the Breeders’ Cup in 1986, 1992, and again in 1999; and was the site of Jerry Bailey’s last race aboard Silver Tree in the Sunshine Millions. After undergoing extensive renovations, the race track opened a casino and built a 110 foot bronze statue of a the mythical Pegasus killing a dragon.
Gulfstream Park: Race Track Attributes
- Main dirt race track: 1 1/8th mile oval with a 1 mile backstretch chute
- Turf race course: 1 mile oval with a portable rail
What to Do at Gulfstream Park Race Track
The fun at Gulfstream Park does not stop at horse racing, there is plenty to do and see while you are there! They have several restaurants depending on your appetite: from Christine Lee’s on the top floor overlooking the races to Ten Palms and a paddock-side oyster bar. Plus don’t miss Breakfast at Gulfstream!
Looking for great shopping in South Florida? Check out The Village: a beautiful outdoor shopping and entertainment facility just outside of the race track. Some of the best brands have stores at The Village and there are plenty of tasty restaurants to try.