Los Alamitos Race Track
4961 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos, CA90720 Phone: (714) 820-2800 Website: www.losalamitos.comRacing Season:
- Year-Round Night Time Quarter Horse Racing
- Daytime Thoroughbred Racing in July, September & December
Notable Los Alamitos Horse Racing Events
- G2 Los Alamitos Derby (TB) | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 Starlet (TB) | 2-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
- G1 Los Alamitos Futurity (TB) | 2-year-olds going 1-1/16 mi.
- G2 Great Lady M (TB) | 3-year-old fillies & mares going 6.5f
- Champion of Champions (QH) | 3-year-olds & up going 440 yards
- Los Alamitos Winter Derby (QH) | 4-year-olds & up going 400 yards
- Kindergarten Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 300 yards
- Ed Burke Million Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 350 yards
History of Los Alamitos Race Course Horse Racing
Los Alamitos has been home to live horse racing in Southern California since before there were Dodgers, Lakers, Angels, or Ducks to cheer for. Founded in 1947 and running its first pari-mutuel meet in 1951, Los Al has grown to become the hub of the best Quarter Horse races in America, with legends such as Go Man Go, Dash for Cash, Kaweah Bar, First Down Dash, and Refrigerator gracing the race track. In 2014 the race track underwent a major renovation to welcome its first Thoroughbred meets, which saw construction of the longest stretch in North America at 1,380 feet.
What to do at Los Alamitos Race Track
The Vessels Club offers some of the finest food in a luxurious setting and with a perfect view of the horse races.
Private membership may also be purchased, which includes admission, guaranteed tables and box seating, premium parking stickers, and more.