Los Alamitos Race Track
4961 Katella Avenue
Los Alamitos, CA90720
Phone: (714) 820-2800
- Year-Round Night Time Quarter Horse Racing
- Daytime Thoroughbred Racing in July, September & December
Notable Los Alamitos Horse Racing Events
- G2 Los Alamitos Derby (TB) | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 Starlet (TB) | 2-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
- G1 Los Alamitos Futurity (TB) | 2-year-olds going 1-1/16 mi.
- G2 Great Lady M (TB) | 3-year-old fillies & mares going 6.5f
- Champion of Champions (QH) | 3-year-olds & up going 440 yards
- Los Alamitos Winter Derby (QH) | 4-year-olds & up going 400 yards
- Kindergarten Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 300 yards
- Ed Burke Million Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 350 yards
Recent Los Alamitos Race Course News
- Using Trainer Angles in Handicapping, Part 5 (1/7/2019) - You’ve probably heard the talk—the talk of how trainer Bob Baffert has become essentially unbeatable with his two-year-olds. Maybe “unbeatable” is a bit of a… ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 12/20/18 (12/19/2018) - It's Horseplayer Thursday and we're thrilled to welcome in Jose Contreras to talk Los Alamitos, Quarter horse handicapping, and his top 3 tacos of 2018. ...Read More
- Galilean Looms Large in King Glorious Stakes (12/14/2018) - There’s no such thing as a “can’t lose” proposition in the sport of horse racing, though if we’re being honest, #2 Galilean looks to be… ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 12/10/18 (12/9/2018) - We look back at the weekend action including a pair of Grade 1 events at Los Alamitos, Louisiana Championship Day at Fair Grounds, Clasico de… ...Read More
- 2019 Kentucky Derby Contender Profile: Improbable (12/9/2018) - Trainer Bob Baffert is well accustomed to wheeling and dealing with expensive horses. Triple Crown winner Justify cost $500,000. Breeders’ Cup Classic winner Arrogate cost… ...Read More
History of Los Alamitos Race Course Horse Racing
Los Alamitos has been home to live horse racing in Southern California since before there were Dodgers, Lakers, Angels, or Ducks to cheer for. Founded in 1947 and running its first pari-mutuel meet in 1951, Los Al has grown to become the hub of the best Quarter Horse races in America, with legends such as Go Man Go, Dash for Cash, Kaweah Bar, First Down Dash, and Refrigerator gracing the race track. In 2014 the race track underwent a major renovation to welcome its first Thoroughbred meets, which saw construction of the longest stretch in North America at 1,380 feet.
What to do at Los Alamitos Race Track
The Vessels Club offers some of the finest food in a luxurious setting and with a perfect view of the horse races.
Private membership may also be purchased, which includes admission, guaranteed tables and box seating, premium parking stickers, and more.