Louisiana Downs Race Track
8000 East Texas Street
Bossier City, LA 71111
Phone: (714) 820-2800
January – March
May – September
Notable Louisiana Downs Racing Events
- G2 Super Derby | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- Super Derby Prelude | 3-year-olds going 1-1/16 mi.
- Louisiana Cup Day | 6 stakes for LA-breds including the Distaff and Sprint
- Happy Ticket | 2-year-old fillies going 1 mi. on turf
Recent Louisiana Downs News
- Four stakes kick off Fair Grounds 2017-18 meet (11/17/2017) - The important Fair Grounds winter meeting kicks off Nov. 18, the beginning of five months of racing that includes major preps for the Kentucky Derby… ...Read More
- Harrah’s Entertainment Futurity Wednesday at Louisiana Downs (3/21/2017) - The Louisiana Downs meet wraps up on Wednesday, March 22 and the closing day feature is the $233,578 Harrah’s Entertainment Futurity (G3). Trials were run… ...Read More
- Mardi Gras Futurity Saturday at Louisiana Downs (3/15/2017) - The $271,738 Mardi Gras Futurity (RG2), the first official test for 2-year-old Quarter Horses, will be held on Saturday, March 18 at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.… ...Read More
- Quarter Horse Jockey Damian Martinez Leads at Louisiana Downs (3/3/2017) - If you are following Quarter Horse racing at Louisiana Downs, you will see jockey Damian Martinez in the winner’s circle on a very regular basis.… ...Read More
- Trials for the Mardi Gras Futurity Saturday at Louisiana Downs (2/23/2017) - Trials for the first official futurity of the year, the Mardi Gras Futurity (RG2) at Louisiana Downs will take place on Saturday, February 25. A… ...Read More
History of Louisiana Downs Horse Racing
Located on 350 acres near Shreveport, Louisiana Downs opened in 1974 and was hit with locals from the start, setting numerous national records for handle and attendance in the 1970’s and 1980’s. The race track’s signature race is the Super Derby, first run in 1980, and created with the intention of luring the nation’s best three-year-olds square off one last time to end their season: the plan worked, as more than 13 Classic winners have competed.
What to Do at Louisiana Downs
The race track isn’t just about horse racing, there is plenty to do and see while visiting Louisiana Downs. The casino houses over 1,300 slot machines, two shopping kiosks, and easy access to the Louisiana Boardwalk. Feeling hungry? Why not try the upscale Harrah’s Club or the grab-and-go Pepper Rose Too or The Buffet.