Monmouth Park Racetrack
175 Oceanport Ave
Oceanport, NJ 07757
Phone: (732) 222-5100
May – September
Notable Monmouth Park Live Racing Events
- G1 Haskell Invitational | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 United Nations | 3-year-olds & up going 1-3/8 mi. on turf
- G2 Monmouth | 3-year-olds & up going 1-1/8 mi. on turf
- G2 Molly Pitcher | 3-year-olds & up fillies & mares going 1-1/16 mi.
History of Monmouth Park Racetrack
Created initially as a tourist attraction, Monmouth Park has been a Jersey Shore tradition since 1870. When the state legislature attempted to ban pari-mutuel wagering, the races moved to Jerome Park and Morris Park and racing would disappear from the Shore for over 50 years. Reopened in 1946, Monmouth Park live racing once again became a fixture on the summer social scene with many of the nation’s best horses attracted to races like the Molly Pitcher, the Monmouth Cup, and the Lamplighter.
Other Highlights of Monmouth Park Horse Racing
The Monmouth Park racetrack backstretch houses 1,600 horses in 38 barns.
- The main track is a 1 mile oval with 6f and 1-1/4 mi. chutes. The track is 100 feet wide on the front stretch and 90 feet wide on the backstretch, with a 990 foot long front stretch. The inner 60 feet of the track is banked at 2% on the straightaways and 4% on the turns.
- The 7/8 mile turf course is a mixture of tall Fescue and bluegrass and has chutes for races carded at 5.5f and 1-1/8 mi. The course is 90 feet wide, with the chutes 100 feet. The banking is 2% on the straightaways and 5% on the turns.
Today the Monmouth Park Racetrack is a fully modernized racing facility, with a grandstand seating up to 13,000 spectators in addition to a clubhouse area seating another 5,000 spectators. For true racing enthusiasts, weekend Dawn Patrol sessions offer an insider’s tour of the backstretch, starting gate, and jockey’s room to get an up-close look at what Monmouth Park live racing is all about. A la carte and casual dining options at the track include the Salvator Bar & Grill, the Dining Terrace, and The Lady’s Secret Café.