Parx Casino and Racing
2999 Street Road
Phone: (215) 639-9000
Notable Parx Live Racing Events
- G1 Cotillion | 3 year old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
- G2 Pennsylvania Derby | 3 year olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G3 Turf Monster | 3 year olds & up going 5f on turf
- G3 Greenwood Cup | 3 year olds & up going 1-1/2 mi.
Recent Parx Racing News
- BARN Podcast 1/16/19 (1/15/2019) - We welcome in Kentucky Derby and Breeders' Cup winning trainer John Servis to talk about his winter training routines, his top filly Jaywalk, his career, ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 9/24/18 (9/23/2018) - We look back at a busy Saturday including the controversial Cotillion, the Pennsylvania Derby, and stakes action from Belmont and Laurel Park.
- BARN Podcast 9/25/17 (9/24/2017) - We look back at the big Saturday of racing in Philadelphia at Parx, as well as talk about Belmont, Charles Town, Remington, and more!
- Cotillion Stakes Preview: Abel Tasman Meets ‘Salty’ Oaks Opponents (9/22/2017) - Cotillion Stakes Preview by Alastair Bull The Cotillion Stakes (G1) may not be a “win and you’re in” qualifier for the Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1), ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 9/21/17 (9/20/2017) - We look ahead to the big day at Parx as we welcome in their longtime track announcer Keith Jones. We'll talk Pennsylvania Derby, Cotillion, and ...Read More
History of Live Racing at Parx
Built as Keystone Racetrack in 1974 then known as Philadelphia Park from 1984, what is now Parx Racing runs top quality live racing on the east coast year round. The racetrack came to national attention when a smallish Pennsylvania-bred chestnut colt named Smarty Jones began his career at the Bensalem oval. It wasn’t long after Smarty Jones’ phenomenal three-year-old season in 2004 that the Pennsylvania legislature passed a bill allowing the installation of slot machines – leading to the construction of the casino – at Parx Racing.
About Parx Race Track
Sitting on 417 acres, the Parx Racetrack backstretch houses 1,400 horses.
- The main track is a 1 mile oval with 7f and 1-1/4 mile chutes comprised of sand, clay and loam, and a 974 foot long stretch that is 80 feet wide.
- The turf course is 7f with a 1 1/8 mile chute.
Things to Do at Parx Casino and Racing
Had your fill of horse racing? Don’t worry there is plenty to see and do at Parx. The race track is home to over 3,200 slots and over 100 live table games like Craps and Poker. Looking for a bite to eat? You can choose from several great restaurants, from the upscale Parx Grill to the casual Earl Of Sandwich. After a great meal, check out some live music at 360. Whatever you decide to do, Parx Casino and Racing has it all!