Remington Park Race Track
1 Remington Place
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Phone: (405) 424-1000
March – June
August – December
Notable Remington Park Racing Events
- G3 Oklahoma Derby (TB) | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- Remington Park Oaks (TB) | 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
- Kip Deville (TB) | 2-year-olds going 6f
- Remington Park Springboard Mile (TB) | 2-year-olds going 1 mi.
- G2 Eastex (QH) | 3-year-olds & up going 350 yards
- G2 Oklahoma Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 300 yards
- G2 Heritage Place Derby (QH) | 3-year-olds going 400 yards
- G1 Heritage Place Futurity (QH) | 2-year-olds going 350 yards
- 2019 Kentucky Derby Contender Profile: Long Range Toddy (12/17/2018) - If you’re looking for a 2019 Kentucky Derby contender with the pedigree to excel running 1 ¼ miles on the first Saturday in May, then ...Read More
- Long Range Toddy Hangs On in Remington Springboard Mile (12/17/2018) - In a race packed with traffic-filled trips, big middle moves, and dramatic late rallies, Long Range Toddy managed to defy the overall race trends and ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 12/14/18 (12/13/2018) - We look ahead to the weekend and discuss Audible returning to Gulfstream, the Springboard Mile from Remington, Tampa Stakes Action, and more! Then the BARN ...Read More
- Betting Out-of-State Shippers in the Remington Springboard Mile (12/12/2018) - Since its inaugural running in 2009, the $400,000 Remington Springboard Mile Stakes at Remington Park has been rising steadily in prestige, attracting better horses and ...Read More
- Shotgun Kowboy Seeks Third Win in Oklahoma Classics Cup (10/16/2018) - Friday night is Oklahoma Classics night at Remington Park, which means an action-packed evening of high-quality racing featuring eight stakes races worth a combined $1,040,000. ...Read More
- Main Race Track: 1 mile oval with a sandy loam surface.
- Turf Course: 7/8 mile with a Bermuda grass surface and a 1 1/8 chute
- The race track’s stable area can house up to 1,400 horses with a 20 stall stakes barn
Recent Remington Park News
History of Remington Park Horse Racing
Opened in 1988 with an Equitrack surface (the only American track to use a synthetic surface for races at the time) and Thoroughbred-only horse racing, Quarter Horses first ran races over the Oklahoma City oval in 1989. The current natural dirt surface was installed in 1991 and 1993 saw the inaugural Oklahoma Classics day of races for OK-breds. Night racing was introduced in 2001, the same year Tailor Fit became the only three-time winning horse of the Remington Park Championship. As part of the 2010 renovations, the “superscreen” was unveiled: one of the largest jumbotrons at any American race track.
Remington Park: Track Specifications
Things to Do at The Remington Park
If you’re looking for something to do at Remington Park besides watch horse races, there are plenty of slot machines and restaurants to enjoy. On top of that, the track hosts a bevy of live events, from concerts to boxing cards.