1 Retama Parkway
Selma, TX 78154
Phone: (210) 651-7000
June – August
September – November
Notable Retama Park Live Racing Events
- El Joven | 2-year-olds going 1 mi. on turf
- La Senorita | 2-year-old fillies going 1 mi. on turf
- Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame | 3-year-olds & up TX-breds going 1-1/16 mi.
- Texas Stallion Stakes | a pair of stakes for TX-bred progeny of eligible stallions
Recent Retama Park News
- Quarter Horse Trainer Leon Bard Having a Banner Year (5/25/2017) - Texas horseman Leon Bard has been training horses, both Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses since 1981. While the majority of his success has come in Texas,… ...Read More
- Two Exceptional Stakes Saturday Night at Retama Park (7/29/2016) - Handicappers across the country will have an abundance of great racing action on Saturday, July 30. Hopefully you will pace yourself and have some funds… ...Read More
- Texas Summer Showdown Set for July 24-25 at Retama Park (7/23/2015) - There will be some exciting Quarter Horse action all over the country this weekend, but if you have never played Retama Park, check it out… ...Read More
- AQHA World Champion Jrc Callas First (7/2/2015) - Each year the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) honors their top racing champions in a variety of categories. A committee of owners, breeders and industry… ...Read More
History of Retama Park Horse Racing
Opened in 1995, Retama Park replaced Alamo Downs as the main race track in the San Antonio area. According to botonists , a “retama” is a small tree known for its attractiveness and aggression. Visitors to the race track, which was built on the site of a former polo ground, can find numerous Retama trees planted on the grounds. Retama Park hosts both Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse racing throughout the racing season.
Retama Park: Racetrack Specifications
- Main Racetrack: 1 mile dirt oval
- Turf Racetrack: 7 furlongs
Things to Do at Retama Park
Retama Park offers its guests great dining options to consider while enjoying live horse racing. Patrons can choose from the Terrace Dining Room, or the Race Book and Sports Bar. For a quick bite during the races, visitors can head to any of the concession stands located on the grounds.