Sam Houston Race Park
7575 North Sam Houston Parkway West
Houston, TX 77064
Phone: (281) 807-8700
January – May
Notable Live Racing Events at Sam Houston Race Park
- G3 Connally Turf Cup | 4-year-olds & Up going 1-1/8 mi. on turf
- Houston Ladies Classic | 4-year-olds & up fillies & mares going 1-1/16 mi.
- MAXXAM Gold Cup | 4-year-olds & up going 1-1/8 mi.
- Jersey Lilly Turf | 4-year-olds & up fillies & mares going 1-1/16 mi. on turf
History of Sam Houston Race Park Horse Racing
When it comes to stakes-quality horse racing, look no further then Sam Houston Race Park. Since opening in 1994, the race track located just 15 minutes from downtown Houston has drawn quality horses and been commended for its fantastic turf course, named after former governor John B. Connally. Sam Houston Race Park is home to Texas Champions Weekend and a series of top notch Arabian stakes, making it one of the best live racing venues in the South.
Sam Houston Race Park: Race Track Specifications
The backstretch houses 1,250 horses.
- The main race track is a 1 mile dirt oval.
- The turf course is 7/8 mile.
Amenities at Sam Houston Race Park
Besides the pulse-pounding live racing, Sam Houston Race Park offers its patrons a ton of great things to do and see while at the track. The track offers two awesome restaurants (The Winners Circle and The Jockey Club) with breathtaking views of the finish line. The track also features on of the better outdoor venues in the country, hosting a wide variety of concerts throughout the year, including the popular ZiegenBock Music Festival.