Santa Anita Park
285 West Huntington Drive
Arcadia, CA 91007
Phone: (626) 574-7223
April – June
September – November
December – April
Notable Santa Anita Racing Events
- G1 Santa Anita Handicap | 4-year-olds & up going 1-1/4 mi.
- G1 Santa Anita Derby | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 Santa Anita Oaks | 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
- G1 Frank E. Kilroe Mile | 4-year-olds & up going 1 mi. on turf
Recent Santa Anita Park News
- Betting Against the Proven Class in the Santa Margarita Stakes (4/25/2019) - There might be a couple of established grade 1 performers entered in Saturday’s $200,000 Santa Margarita Stakes (G1) at Santa Anita Park, but for various… ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 4/10/19 (4/9/2019) - We take a look at the Wednesday Keeneland card and welcome in Ray Paulick of the Paulick Report to talk about the news of the… ...Read More
- Three Takeaways from the 2019 Santa Anita Derby (4/7/2019) - In a much-anticipated showdown between two of trainer Bob Baffert’s top Kentucky Derby hopefuls, the lightly-raced Roadster got the better of his favored stablemate Game… ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 4/5/19 (4/4/2019) - We look ahead to a huge Saturday of racing at Santa Anita which includes the Santa Anita Derby and Santa Anita Handicap. Then the BARN… ...Read More
- Why I’m Betting Roadster in the Santa Anita Derby (4/4/2019) - It might not be logical to expect the champion two-year-old and three-time Grade 1 winner #6 Game Winner to lose back-to-back races, but when he… ...Read More
History of Santa Anita Park Horse Racing
First opened in 1907 a few blocks east of its current location, Santa Anita Racetrack was moved to the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains once pari-mutuel wagering was legalized in 1934. Among the many famous race horses and champions to race at the track were Seabiscuit, Affirmed, John Henry, Spectacular Bid, and Zenyatta. Santa Anita Park has played host to the Breeders’ Cup World Thoroughbred Champions numerous times and the event grows in magnitude and popularity each time.
Santa Anita Park: Racetrack Attributes
Santa Anita Park features a world-class track for horse racing. Their main race track is a 1 mile oval comprised of a synthetic material called Cushion Track, which is a mixture of silica sand, synthetic fibers, elastic fiber, granulated rubber, and a wax coating. In addition to the main track, Santa Anita Park features a unique 61/2 fl. turf course that crosses the main track, a very rare feature in American horse tracks.
What to Do at the Racetrack
No race track does hospitality quite like Santa Anita: from having breakfast during morning workouts at Clockers’ Corner to the trackside Turf Terrace and the fine dining at The Frontrunner. Don’t forget to take the Seabiscuit Tour!
Movies Filmed at Santa Anita Park
A prime location for film and television productions, the race track has been used as a backdrop for such movies as Public Enemies, Casino, and Nixon; television shows such as 90210, Celebrity Fit Club, and Cold Case; and commercials for Aleve, Allstate, Disney, and more.