Santa Anita Park
285 West Huntington Drive
Arcadia, CA 91007
Phone: (626) 574-7223
April – June
September – November
December – April
Notable Santa Anita Racing Events
- G1 Santa Anita Handicap | 4-year-olds & up going 1-1/4 mi.
- G1 Santa Anita Derby | 3-year-olds going 1-1/8 mi.
- G1 Santa Anita Oaks | 3-year-old fillies going 1-1/16 mi.
- G1 Frank E. Kilroe Mile | 4-year-olds & up going 1 mi. on turf
Recent Santa Anita Park News
- Improbable and Game Winner Look to Dominate in Separate Rebel Stakes Divisions (3/16/2019) - Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert is after his sixth Kentucky Derby win, and two of his horses are shaping up to give him an ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 3/15/19 (3/14/2019) - It's Friday and we're talking about the Azeri and Essex Stakes at Oaklawn, the Inside Information at Gulfstream, and the latest news out of California. ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 3/12/19 (3/11/2019) - With all the news going on in Southern California, we welcome in Billy Koch of Little Red Feather Racing Club to talk about the situation ...Read More
- BARN Podcast 3/6/19 (3/5/2019) - We chat about Fair Grounds Mardi Gras day card, Santa Anita cancelling racing for the time being, and welcome in Richard Grunder from Tampa Bay ...Read More
- Famous Sports Venues Near Thoroughbred Racetracks (2/23/2019) - Planning to visit a Thoroughbred racetrack or a major sports venue in the near future? Why not check two goals off your bucket list at ...Read More
History of Santa Anita Park Horse Racing
First opened in 1907 a few blocks east of its current location, Santa Anita Racetrack was moved to the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains once pari-mutuel wagering was legalized in 1934. Among the many famous race horses and champions to race at the track were Seabiscuit, Affirmed, John Henry, Spectacular Bid, and Zenyatta. Santa Anita Park has played host to the Breeders’ Cup World Thoroughbred Champions numerous times and the event grows in magnitude and popularity each time.
Santa Anita Park: Racetrack Attributes
Santa Anita Park features a world-class track for horse racing. Their main race track is a 1 mile oval comprised of a synthetic material called Cushion Track, which is a mixture of silica sand, synthetic fibers, elastic fiber, granulated rubber, and a wax coating. In addition to the main track, Santa Anita Park features a unique 61/2 fl. turf course that crosses the main track, a very rare feature in American horse tracks.
What to Do at the Racetrack
No race track does hospitality quite like Santa Anita: from having breakfast during morning workouts at Clockers’ Corner to the trackside Turf Terrace and the fine dining at The Frontrunner. Don’t forget to take the Seabiscuit Tour!
Movies Filmed at Santa Anita Park
A prime location for film and television productions, the race track has been used as a backdrop for such movies as Public Enemies, Casino, and Nixon; television shows such as 90210, Celebrity Fit Club, and Cold Case; and commercials for Aleve, Allstate, Disney, and more.