Woodbine Mohawk: Super Ontario trotters and pacers
Woodbine Mohawk Park will celebrate province-breds with the Ontario Sires Stakes Gold Super Finals on Oct. 17.
There are eight $250,000 races for 2-year-olds and 3-year-olds. Here are notes on the top contenders and some picks.
- Filly trotters — Up And Ready worked hard to get here, but Dicentra could be best.
- Male pacers — Bettor Sun shines in Ontario, but Twin B Fighter is an outsider with fire.
- Male trotters — Macho Martini on stride wins it, but Tokyo Seelster is in his best spot yet.
- Filly pacers — Twin B Sunkissed could upset, but Voelz Delight is hot.
Finding Value: A closer look at the 2-year-old male pace
Bettor Sun is an underrated colt with great breeding, who has won a lot of money in his first season, but has gone under the radar for bettors.
He will most likely go off at odds higher than his chances, which is always a good bet. Twin D Fighter has fought well on the Ontario circuit and should add value to any exotic wager.
- Filly pacers — Alicorn has been strong all season and Karma Seelster prepped well.
- Filly trotters — Royalty Deal is from a royal stallion, but consider Trina at a price.
- Male trotters — Moon Bridge raced with better and is ready now, but Port Perry is best.
- Male pacers — Tattoo Artist will overcomes his post, but Denali Seelster will follow closely.
Finding Value: A closer look at the 3-year-old male trot
Moon Bridge was Hambletonian-eligible but did not get the backing of his connections to race in the August classic. He has fine front speed and has raced with better trotters than those in this local event.
Port Perry has been very competitive at two and at three and is overlooked a lot while racing better than usually expected.